• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kev61   
47 minutes ago, Rob B said:

There’s so much wrong with this post I don’t even know where to start, but I’ll try...

10 x better than Gary Cahill is going to be some player, given everything he has achieved in the game. 

To put it mildly, I think you are overrating Ampadu a tad.  His passing is nowhere near the level of Luiz (yet) and he has displayed no leadership qualities other than pointing where people should be in his brief cameos. True leadership is much, much more than this.

In the eyes of our manager, and former manager, he isn’t ready to start (top prospect I grant you)

Why should Cahill take a pay cut? Chelsea were happy to offer him a contact he’s perfectly entitled to see it out - besides, as already mentioned, CFC go through managers like there’s no tomorrow, he could be back in the team in a few months.

Finally, you show a complete lack of respect for someone who has won it all with us, and I would put down as one of our most effective transfers ever.

I think James has been pilloried enough.As most have said Cahill is a top notch professional,as a top notch player?... not so sure.I met him in Portugal twice  - he is obviously a family man with his youngster sitting on his shoulders when I met him - and had no problem posing  for pictures.

my wife thought he was very handsome and was drawn to his northern humility whatever that means!.

23 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I’m not sure I would want to take a pay cut to go and get relegated with Fulham, with little chance of me ever getting back into the PL either.

I would wait until the summer and see if I could get a move to a mid table PL side for a couple of years instead.

I don’t get the Cahill bashing at all. He has won everything with us, has always given everything on the pitch, has been a big part of our success over his 8 years here and owes us absolutely nothing.

It would have been a loan till the end of the season, not a permanent contract. He could have gone elsewhere in the summer for nothing.

I agree, Gary Cahill deserves total respect for his achievements with us and his attitude on the pitch, without any question. I don't doubt his contribution to us, his professionalism or that he was an effective signing. And for 2012 he always has my gratitude.

But refusing to go on loan to play regulalry till the end of the season, rather than sit on your arse and collect fat wages? I don't care who it is, I don't like it in any player.

Edited by James Prescott

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

I think James has been pilloried enough

It's never enough for some people. They live and breathe to attack me, it's their sole purpose in coming here.

It makes me laugh that people said "don't be a stranger" and welcomed me back. It was clealrly a ruse so some members could get their ego boosted by launching personal attacks and hammering me for having an opinion which differs from the "accepted" one.

This place isn't about freedom of speech, it's quite clear. If your opinion differs from the line of the moderators or established posters, it's apparnetly open season to be attacked, mocked and insulted by anyone, even people who should know better.

And they have the cheek to accuse me of disrespect.

Edited by James Prescott

26 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Oh here we go, I express an opinion different from the majority and I get personal attacks and pilloried.

I thought this was an 'intelligent forum' where people were allowed to express different opinions, but it seems more like a tyrannical dictatorship to me. 1984 eat your heart out. Thought Police actively encouraging people to attack me for my opinions.

Thanks everyone for reminding me why I took a break from this place. Many of you said you wanted me back, now I know why. Just a punching bag for you to misinterpret, insult, attack and mock. That's pretty much the role you all have for me . If this doesn't apply to you, I'm happy to hear your explaination, because given the crap I get here I'm owed one.

Otherwise, stop pretending you actually want me here, other than for your own amusement - and I'm wrong, then prove it. I've got enough crap to deal with in my life without people launching personal attacks on what's meant to be an "intelligent" forum.

Not sure anyone has been personal.

I also don't know what you expected from such a post? You can't come on a Chelsea forum and attack a player, that 99% of Chelsea fans hold in very high regard and not expect some criticism. 

paulw66   
30 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

But refusing to go on loan to play regulalry till the end of the season, rather than sit on your arse and collect fat wages? I don't care who it is, I don't like it in any player.

It wasn't a loan, James. Fulham have too many on loan already. It was a permanent deal. 

He obviously didn't fancy signing up and then ending up in the Championship 

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

It's never enough for some people. They live and breathe to attack me, it's their sole purpose in coming here.

you've moved firmly into the realms of paranoia here. 

Just now, Martin1905 said:

I also don't know what you expected from such a post? You can't come on a Chelsea forum and attack a player, that 99% of Chelsea fans hold in very high regard and not expect some criticism. 

Yes, nicely put.

All of the posts in retort to James' post were purely about Cahill, not James himself. 

Just now, Martin1905 said:

But you missed the part where I said I respected him for what he's done here and for 2012. I actually said that above, I've always thought that. Of course he deserves credit for his Chelsea career and achievements. Not disputing that whatsoever.

This isn't about that. It's never been about that.

It's about how he's not good enough for us now. As in, today. And I also don't like any player just taking money for doing nothing, whoever it is.

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It wasn't a loan, James. Fulham have too many on loan already. It was a permanent deal. 

He obviously didn't fancy signing up and then ending up in the Championship 

I thought it was a loan. My mistake.

If it was permanent, I completely understand him not going there.

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Not really. How is whenever I come back here the same thing happens?

If someone else expressed that opinion would they get treated like I do? Pretty sure they wouldn't.

You will need to go back and quote all the posts that have made you feel this way for me to have any understating of what you are talking about.

I've read them all and really can't see why tour getting so upset.