• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

 I express an opinion - which, it turns out was based on an incorrect assumption, I accept -  and people twist it into something it's not and launch verbal abuse at me and my opinions.

Normally I'd be OK with it, but it happens anytime I show up here for any length of time. And the mods do nothing, in fact they actively condone it.

Again, you'd have to show me all the verbal abuse, I've seen none.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Again, you'd have to show me all the verbal abuse, I've seen none.

 

I'm happy for people to critique my opinions fairly.

But the aggressive tone from most of them was just unacceptable, and I take it personally.

But I'll let it go. No point in debating it.

Edited by James Prescott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

It really doesn't take a genius to see how Gary Cahill doesn't fit with Sarri (or Pep's) style of football, or that Ampadu is going to be about ten times the player he is and is already miles better (hence his position above him in the squad).

(original quote deleted.)

Actually there is something in what James says about Cahill.  He's 33.  And while he was generally good enough on the ball for Conte, often playing the Luiz role in the middle in the first year, he isn't going to compete now with a slightly younger Luiz or  much younger Rudiger and Christensen.  Moving on makes sense.

But what would take Genius (or at least foolhardiness) is to predict Ampadu at 18 is going to be a better player than club-captain and former England regualar and vice-captain Cahill.

The poor kid is 18, and making that kind of prediction is crazy.  Even now Ampadu has a 1 in 5 chance of being better than Cahill, perhaps less.  How many young players do we have to get wrong before we start applying some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
52 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

(original quote deleted.)

Actually there is something in what James says about Cahill.  He's 33.  And while he was generally good enough on the ball for Conte, often playing the Luiz role in the middle in the first year, he isn't going to compete now with a slightly younger Luiz or  much younger Rudiger and Christensen.  Moving on makes sense.

But what would take Genius (or at least foolhardiness) is to predict Ampadu at 18 is going to be a better player than club-captain and former England regualar and vice-captain Cahill.

The poor kid is 18, and making that kind of prediction is crazy.  Even now Ampadu has a 1 in 5 chance of being better than Cahill, perhaps less.  How many young players do we have to get wrong before we start applying some reason.

Whether or not he will go on to be a better defender or be more successful is debatable. The latter probably impossible.

However, and with all due respect to GC (who I have a lot of love and respect for) Ampadu already appears to be on his way to being a more accomplished technical footballer. 

One thing we all seem to be forgetting is GC's reaction to being closed down in possession. He got worse as he got older and started to lose whatever pace he had. 

I can't recall who it was right now but an opposition manager admitted that he instructed his players to close GC down as he was the weak link in possession. 

I will genuinely miss him but already, Ampadu appears to be a possible upgrade in possession under pressure. 

Early days though. He might disimprove.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So rumours that Hazard is going to make an anouncement on his future tomorrow..

if he is to leave, the club should ask him to keep quiet and negotiate his transfer to Madrid on the quiet allowing us to bring in players before its announced, otherwise everyone will know he's off and everyone's price will inflate when we come calling.

unless he's going to sign a new contract??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
15 minutes ago, Never happy said:

So rumours that Hazard is going to make an anouncement on his future tomorrow..

if he is to leave, the club should ask him to keep quiet and negotiate his transfer to Madrid on the quiet allowing us to bring in players before its announced, otherwise everyone will know he's off and everyone's price will inflate when we come calling.

unless he's going to sign a new contract??

 

 

If there is an annoucement tomorrow, and he is going, then the deal is already done. He can't announce he is going to Real - they could turn around and not bid for him. He would look very silly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Why would he say that and not sign an extension. 

To annoy people on here? :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Never happy said:

So rumours that Hazard is going to make an anouncement on his future tomorrow..

if he is to leave, the club should ask him to keep quiet and negotiate his transfer to Madrid on the quiet allowing us to bring in players before its announced, otherwise everyone will know he's off and everyone's price will inflate when we come calling.

unless he's going to sign a new contract??

 

 

Apparently there's a programme on French channel RMC Sport 1 about Hazard's life, obviously talking a lot about his early year at Lille, and one of the main teasers from the promotion is the quoted line from Hazard about his future. This has spawned a thousand articles today. https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1091413404173168641/video/1

I wouldn't expect any great revelations at this stage of the season, but it does sound very similar to the way he announced his transfer in 2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Why would he say that and not sign an extension. 

30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

To annoy people on here? :-) 

Cause that is what it is mainly about, I agree.  :}

 

20 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Apparently there's a programme on French channel RMC Sport 1 about Hazard's life, obviously talking a lot about his early year at Lille, and one of the main teasers from the promotion is the quoted line from Hazard about his future. This has spawned a thousand articles today. https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1091413404173168641/video/1

I wouldn't expect any great revelations at this stage of the season, but it does sound very similar to the way he announced his transfer in 2012.

That would explain a lot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now