• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here? Certainly there are rumours about Hazard leaving, but all the man himself has said is that he's made his mind up. Now that could just as easily mean that he's made his mind up to stay.

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You and Droy are on a different planet.I said months ago how good I rated CHO before the hype surrounding him started.Should we have played him more? of course!!! regardless of age because of the alternatives.90m is absurd but they are willing to pay 45m? - says a lot from a team with proper structure and don't throw silly money at players.

They may well be the same person Kev.........

kev61   
2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes indeed pete I remember you saying that a while back - Barry Humphries by day and Dame Edna by night but you can tell they are one and the same😂

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

You and Droy are on a different planet.I said months ago how good I rated CHO before the hype surrounding him started.Should we have played him more? of course!!! regardless of age because of the alternatives.90m is absurd but they are willing to pay 45m? - says a lot from a team with proper structure and don't throw silly money at players.

Well I’m not the one who uses his age when it suits me. Either he’s as good as you make out or he’s not. If he is £15 m is an insult regardless of his age. 

6 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Why are you here Pete? To be able to mock other people to make you feel better? Is your ordinary life really that dull? If so, I have a lot of sympathy for you. If not, you’re just an asshole. 

If you are accusing people you should have some proof don’t you think? Besides, who spends time coming up with conspiracies that literally no sane person would spend time contemplating? I should feel honoured really. 

8 hours ago, Ham said:

This discussion gets weirder by the day. 

Is £90m our asking price?

If not, why would they offer that?

Just a fee plucked out of thin air. 

£15m plus add-ons is a far cry from the £38m plus add-ons Real pair for Vicinius Jr when he was 16. The total deal, if all add-ons is activated the deal is thought to be worth £61. 

kev61   
31 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Just a fee plucked out of thin air. 

£15m plus add-ons is a far cry from the £38m plus add-ons Real pair for Vicinius Jr when he was 16. The total deal, if all add-ons is activated the deal is thought to be worth £61. 

You started off trying to make a fool of me and blue rod - stop digging you fool and Acknowledge the fact .

23 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yawn,

So is my 7 month old.

Do you really think CHO is ready to replace a player who in early Feb has double figures for goals and assists?

Edit - for those struggling to grip reality and persepctive with CHO, consider this: Cristiano Ronaldo was 18 years and 6 months (older than what CHO is now) when he debuted for Man Utd. That season he scored 4 league goals. The season after he got 5. His third season, which he began as a 20 year old, he got a lofty 9 goals. The notion that we can slide CHO into the first team as a Hazard replacement is, well, just........madness / hilarious, take your pick. 

Sorry Paul, but the reality is that within 3-5 years CHO is going to be world class. He wasn't quite ready to start for us in the summer, but now he is, and for me is ahead of both Willian and Pedro right now, both in terms of ability and performance. Still no idea why people think Willian is better, in fact that's the joke.

It's called planning for the long-term and building a team for the long-term, not instant success.

If we lose him, he'll go become a world class player elsewhere and people on this forum will be moaning aobut how he got away. He's good enough, he is ready, play him. Bayern want to spend a club record fee on him and start him.

Of course he isn't Hazard's level now - no one is saying he is. But he will be in a few years time.

Edited by James Prescott

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

You started off trying to make a fool of me and blue rod - stop digging you fool and Acknowledge the fact .

What fact is that? 

I’m merely questioning why you use his age for the paltry £15m fee upfront but not when it comes to Sarri not picking him. You’re not being very consistent Kev. 

And as you have resorted to personal insults and attacks (as per) I gather you don’t have any argument left that makes even little bit of sense. 

Edit: and unless you and Blue Rod are two personalities in the same physical body I’m not sure what he has got to do with this? I responded to you and you only (or so I thought). 

Edited by The_Ghost

21 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Sorry Paul, but the reality is that within 3-5 years CHO is going to be world class. He wasn't quite ready to start for us in the summer, but now he is, and for me is ahead of both Willian and Pedro right now, both in terms of ability and performance. Still no idea why people think Willian is better, in fact that's the joke.

It's called planning for the long-term and building a team for the long-term, not instant success.

If we lose him, he'll go become a world class player elsewhere and people on this forum will be moaning aobut how he got away. He's good enough, he is ready, play him. Bayern want to spend a club record fee on him and start him.

Of course he isn't Hazard's level now - no one is saying he is. But he will be in a few years time.

Is Bayern’s club record fee £15m? I seriously doubt that. 

The bolded bits are wild speculation at best. Nothing I’ve seen so far indicates he’ll be anywhere near Hazards level. Now that doesn’t mean he can’t achieve that level - he’s got the talent. But to go from a PL hopeful to world class is a rather steep step. Nothing is certain when it comes to the development of young players. Nothing apart from it being a massive gamble. 

Some players you can see immediately. Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (the original), Pele, Maradona and Messi. Those players were already world class while being teenagers. CHO isn’t even close. So let’s just leave the kid alone. Let him finish school and develop at his own pace. Hopefully he’ll have decent people around him that can advise him well. 

11 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Real paid £38m for Vicinius Jr when he was 16. For comparison you know. 

Talking of you know who, I watched the Real-Barca match last night and noticed that Vicinius played a mostly  on the left,

Thats Hazards main position

I think Real need replacments elsewhere

Edited by southcoastal