• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, gtiboy said:

That's when we will struggle, the board's failure to add more world class players to compliment Hazard, means that when we play against compact teams that like to defend deep, then we will have no answer to breaking those defenses down.

We will see about that. Very good player but the team philosophy will always be more effective.

For starters, think we will become a much more direct team. Which, theoretically, should make us a lot more effective at breaking teams down.

41 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

We will see about that. Very good player but the team philosophy will always be more effective.

For starters, think we will become a much more direct team. Which, theoretically, should make us a lot more effective at breaking teams down.

I agree.  I suspect who ever plays LW will appear to be much the lesser player.  But everyone else will step us a level.

Leo91   

Remember the 2-0 vs PSG in 2014. Hazard went off injured on the 18th minute, Schurrle came on and we became more direct. Schurrle scoring on the 32nd minute. It wont be easy but there is life after Eden if we can get the right player.

3 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Remember the 2-0 vs PSG in 2014. Hazard went off injured on the 18th minute, Schurrle came on and we became more direct. Schurrle scoring on the 32nd minute. It wont be easy but there is life after Eden if we can get the right player.

Schurlle is probably available - I did used to think he was the right player for us. We kicked out a lot of players around then, good young ones, and some oldies who weren't quite finished like Cech and Lampard.

Leo91   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Schurlle is probably available - I did used to think he was the right player for us. We kicked out a lot of players around then, good young ones, and some oldies who weren't quite finished like Cech and Lampard.

He was a good player back then. Just had a look, he's still only 28! Thought he was 32 or something. 8 goals in the past 2 seasons for Dortmund, what the hell happened.

19 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

He was a good player back then. Just had a look, he's still only 28! Thought he was 32 or something. 8 goals in the past 2 seasons for Dortmund, what the hell happened.

I'd heard he had some kind of debilitating illness ?

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd heard he had some kind of debilitating illness ?

I guess you mean the salmonella in his last half season with us.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6450603/Andre-Schurrle-dodgy-piece-chicken-ended-Chelsea-career.html

I didn't know about that and could never work out why we let him go, but then we were into ultra focus on winning that year, and had just let Cech and Lampard go, and over 18 months, Salah, KdB and Lukaku went off on loan too.  
In terms of letting JM do his thing with a prime squad of about 21 players, it worked out really well.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:38 PM, jangz said:

It really is odd to see how the big 3 (RM, Barca, Bayern) get away with so much tapping up of players.

'Tapping up' is an English thing as far as I'm aware. Doesn't exist anywhere else in Europe.

10 hours ago, Leo91 said:

I suspect one of the top priorities of Sarri (should he stay) will be to get the ball moving a lot quicker into the front three next season and, let’s face it, Hazard isn’t the best at moving himself into space or advancing the play quickly once he’s got possession because, quite frankly, he’s so bloody talented he knows he can create his own room and his own opportunities.

I’d love to see the club get a direct player like Zaha and an experienced option like Mata on a free as well this summer - as long as we can sign players I mean.

I believe that Kante is going to be even better next year in his current role, and Jorginho should improve as well but we’ve still got to get a third quality midfielder in there as well as a couple full backs.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

synavm   

So Hazard offski.

Do we now try and nab a marquee signing for when the ban ends or do we trust in the youth?