• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Contract length

Wasn't Pulisic entering the last year of his deal whereas Jovic has just signed a lengthy one, not sure that helps in this example. We must have been in for him ban dpending, maybe he turned us down.

I hope Pulisic comes good, thing is we have a promising 18 year old and we have experienced options in that position what we really needed was a player aged 24-28 to come in and replace Hazard. As it stands it seems unlikely that any of the options will be Chelsea standard next season based on current ability, in my opinion. Either due to lack of experience or getting on a bit. Ideally we need to move one of Pedro or Willian (more likely) on and get a quality player in the 24-28 age bracket, if we intended to improve next season. Of course we may have decided to gamble a bit on maintaining top 4 next season in the hope that Pulisic and CHO become quality players the season after and we get in another option then. We are miles off challenging Pool or City atm anyway so that could actually reap benefits long term.

chelboy   

I reckon Jovic chose Madrid a long time ago. A bit too early in his career to be going there but who knows. Him and Sarri share the same agent  so it was probably a long time ago that we knew he was not coming. This is probably part of the reason we accepted the ban. Can’t land top striker target and we probably don’t have other deals in the works so its best to take the ban. Makes sense rather than giving Marina 3/4 weeks to work her magic. With her negotiations style you would probably need 3/4 months. 

3 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Wasn't Pulisic entering the last year of his deal whereas Jovic has just signed a lengthy one, not sure that helps in this example.

Sign a new deal, guarantee one's future in case of injury, and put in a low sale price clause for when RM comes along.  Smart move by Jovic's agent.

If we do get the opportunity to sign players this summer and register them, then we’d be needing a stellar off-season from Marina and Sarri. 

———————Arrizabalaga 

Azpilicueta - CB1 - Rudiger - Emerson

————Kante - Jorginho - CM8

—————-Pedro - S - AM1

Ideally we we sign a CM8, CB1, S and AM this summer of proper quality this summer. That would give us a squad of (assuming we decide to keep Kovacic) depth and quality. James/Zappcosta, Luiz, Christensen, Alonso, RLC, Kovacic, Barkley, Willian, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud, Abraham and possibly Mount. 

Imagine the S and AM1 to be direct and productive players, with a real goal-scoring playmaker type at CM8. Add a ball-playing beast that wins everything in the air and that side is starting to look pretty interesting. 

4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

If we do get the opportunity to sign players this summer and register them, then we’d be needing a stellar off-season from Marina and Sarri. 

———————Arrizabalaga 

—————-Pedro - S - AM1

Ideally we we sign a CM8, CB1, S and AM this summer of proper quality this summer. That would give us a squad of (assuming we decide to keep Kovacic) depth and quality. James/Zappcosta, Luiz, Christensen, Alonso, RLC, Kovacic, Barkley, Willian, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud, Abraham and possibly Mount. 

Imagine the S and AM1 to be direct and productive players, with a real goal-scoring playmaker type at CM8. Add a ball-playing beast that wins everything in the air and that side is starting to look pretty interesting. 

I really do not think we are even going to appeal to CAS as surely by now we would have heard something. The best we can hope for is Kova as we will not be signing anyone; although with Sarri going (by the looks of it) I doubt we will even take him. Therefore, if we do not get the ban lifted then I suspect we will have the following squad next year: 

Kepa, Willy, Eduardo/Blackman

Dave, James, Alonso, Emerson 

Luiz, Rudi, Christensen, Zouma 

Jorgi, Kante, Barkley, Mount, RLC 

Willian, Pedro, CHO, Pulisic, Moses 

Giroud, Tammy 

Personally, that squad scares me a lot as I cannot see where we are getting goals from and I do not see us keeping many clean sheets neither. 

Rob B   
15 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Therefore, if we do not get the ban lifted then I suspect we will have the following squad next year: 

Kepa, Willy, Eduardo/Blackman

Dave, James, Alonso, Emerson 

Luiz, Rudi, Christensen, Zouma 

Jorgi, Kante, Barkley, Mount, RLC 

Willian, Pedro, CHO, Pulisic, Moses 

Giroud, Tammy 

Personally, that squad scares me a lot as I cannot see where we are getting goals from and I do not see us keeping many clean sheets neither. 

That midfield is way too light, especially with RLC injured. It would give us 4 fit players for 3 positions. 

Even with the ban it would have to include Kovacic (if possible), Bakayoko or Van Ginkel 

Pretty weak squad overall isn’t it.. 😏

Kezza   
10 minutes ago, Rob B said:

That midfield is way too light, especially with RLC injured. It would give us 4 fit players for 3 positions. 

Even with the ban it would have to include Kovacic (if possible), Bakayoko or Van Ginkel 

And everyone season a manager manages to pull us up and win at least a trophy with such weak squad. And yet the season ends with the manager leaving. I don't know what's wrong with this club.

22 minutes ago, Kezza said:

And everyone season a manager manages to pull us up and win at least a trophy with such weak squad. And yet the season ends with the manager leaving. I don't know what's wrong with this club.

I don't think our squad has been as weak as that post Roman tbh which explains the honours won. We are at a weird stage where our squad is 20x better than all the teams we faced in the Europa bar Arsenal, yet we would struggle to get out the CL group stages and maintain league form with the same squad and manager next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

———————Arrizabalaga 

—————-Pedro - S - AM1

Pretty much agree with the approach.

I'd add Emerson and Pedro to the players we need to upgrade on (assuming Hazard goes).
But clearly we can't bring in 6 top players in just the one window.  4 would be great.

In which case I'd say that Pulisic/Pedro and Luiz as CB1 are probably the best candidates for starting roles, and we should concentrate on LB, CM8, AM1 and Striker this summer.

Depth really isn't an issue as you make clear.  In fact we really need to get rid of a lot of players still registered with us, irrespective of the ban.

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

I really do not think we are even going to appeal to CAS as surely by now we would have heard something.

If no plan to appeal, then certainly there would already have been a statement from the club.
The only situation in which the club would not have made a statement now is one where an appeal is planned.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Yeah, I was meant to put Baka in it (which for me is like having no player anyway.) To be honest, unless Kova is available for £35m or less I see us passing. As for MVG, I rated him highly as a youngester and I thought he was very promising in 2017/18 for PSV, however his knees are shot. If he has a top level career from here I will be amazed. For me, DD has a much better shot of coming back into the fold.