• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

44 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Yes, in fact usually when we don't make top 4 it is the season after a major success and you think there's no chance we will drop out of top 4!

That confuses things, then... is 3rd place, Europa League Champions and beaten on penalties by City in the League Cup a 'major success' or just 'par'?
Your reply WILL determine how we do next season! 😉

An agreement has been reached between all parties and Eden Hazard's €100million move from Chelsea to Real Madrid will be made official this evening or tomorrow. (Mundo Deportivo).

Ham   
14 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

An agreement has been reached between all parties and Eden Hazard's €100million move from Chelsea to Real Madrid will be made official this evening or tomorrow. (Mundo Deportivo).

No way we're accepting that in Euros.  Journalists are so lazy with currencies. 

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Other sources are saying that it’s 100m Euros plus add ons. 

19 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

That price sounds pretty unlikely to me.  Unless RM want to pay him is first few years pay through Chelsea, as I gather Spain finally got its act together on footballers avoiding tax.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

That confuses things, then... is 3rd place, Europa League Champions and beaten on penalties by City in the League Cup a 'major success' or just 'par'?
Your reply WILL determine how we do next season! 😉

Defo getting relegated!

17 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

They make the figures up to suit and create sensationalism . I just scrolled down a page that labelled Eriksen (just announced he wants to leave and also in last year of contract) and have labelled him '£130m rated'. Next story was Chelsea accept €100m bid for Hazard. Make sense of that!

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

Depending on the 'publication', I've seen £88m, €100m (close enough to £88m), £100m and €110m (a little under £100m). I saw one say €120m but given that's almost £107m I think that's way out.

I'm guessing 100m, but whether it's £ or € is anyone's guess 😉

10 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Found this interesting regarding appealing to CAS, if true. The Fabregas thread seems to have become the unofficial transfer ban appeal thread for some reason, thought I would divert it here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7109295/Manchester-City-fears-Champions-League-ban-grow.html

I was just reading this when you posted the Mail link

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/05/manchester-city-launch-11th-hour-legal-bid-stop-uefa-banning/

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Depending on the 'publication', I've seen £88m, €100m (close enough to £88m), £100m and €110m (a little under £100m). I saw one say €120m but given that's almost £107m I think that's way out.

All of which shows that the media is guessing/making it up/feeding off each other, just like everybody else.