• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

130M for Hazard with a year left is quite the business. At 28 years old, a lot of top level matches on the clock and 7 seasons of hacking from cynical PL players, Hazard is far from sure to keep performing like he has for the next few years. You never know, but it is likely his PL stint has shortened his career. Never have I seen a player get brutalised as much as he has. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/morata-lifts-lid-on-his-chelsea-hell-pleads-with-atletico-to/1va1509gfwz1w1fi0ho8lhzj00

The whole interview in context isn't that bad IMO.  But I can certainly see how hacks will lift half sentences out of that and make it look awful.

Oh dear. Can't be bothered being offended as a Chelsea fan, but I do think even in context this does not reflect well on him at all. Very little, in public at least, self-awareness, reflection or accountability. It's odd also that he focuses so much on supporters and fans, because he never got anything close to a bad reception at Stamford Bridge. I can only imagine he let single voices in crowds get to him, or even worse is in the habit of Googling him self. All players get sh*t in those circumstances, most deal with it. 

I hope and pray Atletico want to pay good money for him, too. A talented player who, IMO, is not much of a career footballer. 

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Very little, in public at least, self-awareness, reflection or accountability.

Well yeah, but that is the real Morata.  No front, no fronting up.  No thought to what rolling around injured made opponents think.

So little self-awareness he had no idea where he stood relative to the off-side line, let alone the public.

Ham   
30 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well yeah, but that is the real Morata.  No front, no fronting up.  No thought to what rolling around injured made opponents think.

So little self-awareness he had no idea where he stood relative to the off-side line, let alone the public.

😄👏👏👏

3 hours ago, Zidane said:

This is true only as long as we don't invest the Hazard funds in a few other players capable of scoring and assisting. I'd love for us to go back to the days where we didn't rely on one single player to chip in with goals and assists, frankly (no pun intended).

But what about the transfer embargo?

Leo91   

Good thing money doesn't evaporate. Sell Morata, Baka and a few of the unwanted lot such as Moses and Drinkwater we can have a transfer kitty of over £170m when the ban is over.

Kezza   
8 hours ago, McCreadie said:

100% this. "Lets spend a fortune on a striker that historically doesnt score goals."

What could possibly go wrong?

I also refused to think that attitude can't be determined during scouting. I think we have had such poor judgement and scouting in so many areas not only players but manager wise too.

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

CAS have confirmed that we have formally submitted the appeal...

Interesting. Even if the ban gets pushed back, this gives us one window to buy a couple of top forwards and a centre half at least. 

25 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting. Even if the ban gets pushed back, this gives us one window to buy a couple of top forwards and a centre half at least. 

As I pointed out yesterday, the Telegraph suggested that we'd lodged an appeal but had NOT asked for the punishment to be defered whilst the appeal was being looked into lest the ban be increased from two to three windows. So, we are still currently unable to register new players.

Here's the link again.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/05/chelsea-could-forced-start-transfer-ban-summer-fears-will-increased/

Edited by Bob Singleton