• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Dingus   
15 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

What business have the club done that is proactive? Kepa a panic buy when they realised that Courtios would not sign. Green, Kova and Jorgi did not solve our key issue of lack of goals last summer. Jan, potential ban coming, what do they do? Loan a fat aging striker and buy a 20 year old who is 3rd choice at his team with a career high of 4 league goals? Amazing business, masterful indeed. Would he be CB4? He would have been CB3, he is ahead of the 'big and strong' Tomori. 

So, you really believe he was the one that scouted, targeted and insisted that those players that were brought? It has been said before, he wanted very different players to the ones served up to him unless he is some sort of schizophrenic. Lukaku>Morata, Dzeko>Giroud, Vidal>Drinkwater, Cadreva>Zappa, Sandro>Emerson. As for Bakayoko, he had club signing all over him I.e. 'young, relatively reasonable fee for a 'rated' player. 

But do not worry, this board are bound to sort the issues out once the ban is gone as they are so great I mean what can go wrong with a bunch of kids with Champo level football experience and selling both of our experienced CB's? 

Haha, you are where I was a couple of seasons ago. Once you learn to get past all this and just let it play out, it becomes a lot less stressful.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Liquidator said:

Going to miss it when he pings a fifty yard up field pass and Glen Hoddle commentating chimes in with the old ''Quarter back pass '' line.....Happened every time....:)

"To Willan"

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Dear old Kurt still has to achieve that 5 yd pass to Ross first though ;-)

😆

I know he's not everyone's favourite, but Dan Levene has reminded a few fans complaining about "only £8m" that with Luiz's wages, it's essentially £20m+ we can put towards transfers when we can register players again.

asvaberg   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Kenedy to Reading on loan

hmmmm - could have needed him or?

Holymoly   

Personally I'm quite enjoying the end of this transfer window. The lack of angst and frustration is really quite refreshing.

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I know he's not everyone's favourite, but Dan Levene has reminded a few fans complaining about "only £8m" that with Luiz's wages, it's essentially £20m+ we can put towards transfers when we can register players again.

You're not telling me he is on 12m a year? 

Plus, I am not sure it really works that way.......in this current market, he is worth more than £8m, so why sell him for that? 

That's a bit like underselling my house by £20k with the view, well I won't have to pay the monthly mortagage repayments. 

asvaberg   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Plus, I am not sure it really works that way.......in this current market, he is worth more than £8m, so why sell him for that? 

That's a bit like underselling my house by £20k with the view, well I won't have to pay the monthly mortagage repayments. 

Well it depends. If you can get -20k for your house now but you think it's not worth it and wait until next year to sell it, the market might flat out and you end up -20k anyway (or worse).

In the meantime you have paid xxx per month in interest................

But I see what you mean 

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

What business have the club done that is proactive? 1) Kepa a panic buy when they realised that Courtios would not sign. 2) Green, Kova and Jorgi did not solve our key issue of lack of goals last summer. Jan, potential ban coming, what do they do? Loan a fat aging striker and buy a 20 year old who is 3rd choice at his team with a career high of 4 league goals? Amazing business, masterful indeed. 3) Would he be CB4? He would have been CB3, he is ahead of the 'big and strong' Tomori. 

4) So, you really believe he was the one that scouted, targeted and insisted that those players that were brought? It has been said before, 5) he wanted very different players to the ones served up to him unless he is some sort of schizophrenic. Lukaku>Morata, Dzeko>Giroud, Vidal>Drinkwater, Cadreva>Zappa, Sandro>Emerson. As for Bakayoko, he had club signing all over him I.e. 'young, relatively reasonable fee for a 'rated' player. 

1) Really? How do you know? How did we identify, scout, negotiate with club and player all in one weeks time? I think you read too many tabloids mate, chances are quite big that we knew exactly what was coming and negotiated with Kepa and his old club months in advance. As it stands, Kepa is the better keeper in my view. So well done to the club to get rid and to get Kepa in who can become a truly world class keeper. I expect Courtois is out the door at Real before too long - he has his head up his arse.

2) No, they solved other pressing issues. Without Kovacic and Jorginho we would have had no central midfield. Quite a crucial position don't you agree? Or should the board have signed a player that could solve all our issues? Maybe the problem isn't the board, but rather your expectations? 

3) Rüdiger, Christensen, Zouma, Ampadu - CB4 -> Tomori out on loan. Get it now?

4) No and I have no idea why you insinuate that is what I said. Maybe you are running out of arguments?

5) Literally every manager in the world would prefer other, better players to the ones he has. Even Pep Guardiola. That's not an argument, it's an excuse and a ridiculously poor one at that!

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Kenedy to Reading on loan

Good. He isn't what we need, seems to not have his head in the right place and is behind Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi and maybe even Mount and RLC in the pecking order. 

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

2 years at £6m/year (equals a weekly wage of £115k) plus an £8m fee. £20m in savings. 

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

2 year contract... so around £6m+ a year, and it was regarding fans saying "let him rot in the reserves" (sorry, my fault for not including that earlier)