• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Still , the good thing is , City and Liverpool haven't really strengthened so we only need to worry about Arsenal who we helped buy Aubamayang , better than any striker we have on our books , sold Luiz who's better than any CB we have on our books or that they had on theirs .

Spurs who have strengthened , United who have strengthened , Wolves who have strengthened whilst we have sold the player who scored or assisted forty percent of our meagre goal return last year and have a rookie manager in charge of his first campaign.

In one fell swoop we've hamstrung yet another manager moments before the season starts.

I'd snatch your hand off for sixth. We're in a worst position than before Abramovich bought us . By design and rank incompetence at board level .

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Still , the good thing is , City and Liverpool haven't really strengthened so we only need to worry about Arsenal who we helped buy Aubamayang , better than any striker we have on our books , sold Luiz who's better than any CB we have on our books or that they had on theirs .

Spurs who have strengthened , United who have strengthened , Wolves who have strengthened whilst we have sold the player who scored or assisted forty percent of our meagre goal return last year and have a rookie manager in charge of his first campaign.

In one fell swoop we've hamstrung yet another manager moments before the season starts.

I'd snatch your hand off for sixth. We're in a worst position than before Abramovich bought us . By design and rank incompetence at board level .

Before RA bought us, we had no money and an aging team. At least now we have some very bright young players, who hopefully will take their chance to shine. 

The core of our team is still very strong. Keep the Faith Mark.

Ham   
29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're in a worst position than before Abramovich bought us . By design and rank incompetence at board level .

Only relatively speaking when compared with the competition for CL and PL.

Ham   

Leroy Sane has done his ACL.  They will have suspected this since sunday.  I wonder if this has anything at all to do with CHO not being announced yet.  Seemed nailed on last week. 

Expect a monster bid for him in desperation. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I think Tomori is the big loser here; we surely won't loan him out to get the 40+ games he'll want now. 

Christensen apart, it is not in the interests of any of our young players to sit on the bench watching old folk struggle here in the coming season.

4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

We still suffer from this butchering of the squad. How he managed to tear down what José built up in 12 months is beyond me. Takes some incompetent petulant man-child to be able to achieve that. 

Exactly.  I have always felt that the biggest sin this club commits is going into seasons with not enough players, and I have criticised club and managers (JM included) for this often.  
But at the end of the season it is exactly the opposite.  For the summer you need your best players still young, and as few back up players as possible.  
Conte's big success was based around bringing in 6 players for 2016 boosting an overly small set of great players into a great squad.
His big failure was to let the squad grow old, fat, and with very little talent left.  

Quite how the club could be expected to get anything done before he was sacked, I don't know.  Missing out on Kepa at cut-price was probably the least of the daft things that happened that year because there was no communication between club and manager.

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Only relatively speaking when compared with the competition for CL and PL.

In respect of we were striving for fourth place then and now we'll be desperate for sixth..

I have to hand it to them though it's taken a concerted effort of never strengthening the side when we were on top , buying the wrong players at the wrong time for the wrong system .

Kudos.

38 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

So Drinkwater HAS gone to Burnley Luiz hasnt signed with 7 mins to go. . .

Screenshot_2019-08-08 Liam Twomey on Twitter Only two deals involving Chelsea (Luiz to Arsenal, Drinkwater to Burnley on lo[...].png

Good news is that Zaha is staying at palace...

rumours were (and they maybe true) is that we wanted zaha and maybe have put a deal in place to get zaha next summer

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Christensen apart, it is not in the interests of any of our young players to sit on the bench watching old folk struggle here in the coming season.

I doubt sitting on the bench and watching Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen is going to be much different to sitting on the bench and watching Luiz... Not that I expect that would have happened if Luiz stayed, as I'd wager Tomori would have been in someone else's starting XI. 

Edited by thevelourfog