• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Screenshot_2019-08-08 Liam Twomey on Twitter Only two deals involving Chelsea (Luiz to Arsenal, Drinkwater to Burnley on lo[...].png

I Wish Drinkwater well not a bad footballer at all,  just a transfer that seemed to be doomed from the off and never recovered

Leo91   
2 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Good news is that Zaha is staying at palace...

rumours were (and they maybe true) is that we wanted zaha and maybe have put a deal in place to get zaha next summer

That and I'm glad Bruno Fernandes hasn't moved yet. 

1 minute ago, southcoastal said:

I Wish Drinkwater well not a bad footballer at all,  just a transfer that seemed to be doomed from the off and never recovered

Indeed. He'll be close to his family, his restaurant and his "leggy lawyer" (as the Mail on Line, I think it was, described his passenger when he had his accident and got done for drink driving)

This time next year we're going to be scratching our heads and wondering why we spent no money again . Those hoping for Fernandez and Zaha will be sorely disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed. He'll be close to his family, his restaurant and his "leggy lawyer" (as the Mail on Line, I think it was, described his passenger when he had his accident and got done for drink driving)

I missed all that except the drunk driving !!!

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Still , the good thing is , City and Liverpool haven't really strengthened so we only need to worry about Arsenal who we helped buy Aubamayang , better than any striker we have on our books , sold Luiz who's better than any CB we have on our books or that they had on theirs .

Spurs who have strengthened , United who have strengthened , Wolves who have strengthened whilst we have sold the player who scored or assisted forty percent of our meagre goal return last year and have a rookie manager in charge of his first campaign.

In one fell swoop we've hamstrung yet another manager moments before the season starts.

I'd snatch your hand off for sixth. We're in a worst position than before Abramovich bought us . By design and rank incompetence at board level .

Mark take a moment think about things.

the ban is a bummer, however it’s has stopped the club financing the likes of RM and Barca who have spunked money this window without being able to offload any of their rejects to us and they are all trading on thin ice with FFP  

in some people’s eyes next season might be tough,  however integration of those who want to play for the badge rather than the money can only be a positive.

There is enough tallent in the squad to remain in the top 4, to keep going on 2 or 3 fronts might be a tough ask. 

look at it this another way 1 down with 1 to go. 

Keep the faith.

Regardless of what we may think of those upstairs at the club, those above do have a plan and it will come to fruition in the coming seasons.

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Trevoh Chalobah off to Huddersfield on loan.

Arsenal have had a pretty good window, selling Iwobi for £40m at the last knockings. Not sure about spurs, they've signed a couple CM's but lost Llorente with no replacement, and I guess Eriksen could still be sold to Madrid.

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

This time next year we're going to be scratching our heads and wondering why we spent no money again . Those hoping for Fernandez and Zaha will be sorely disappointed.

Yeah because we didn't spend any money before the transfer ban did we.

Or during it for that matter

Edited by paulw66

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yeah because we didn't spend any money before the transfer ban did we.

Or during it for that matter

Indeed... some are quick to forget we actually *did* sign someone on a permanent deal this window.

Personally I'm not sure the ban has harmed us as much as some might think. Yes we need a striker... but were there any that were genuinely gettable this window?