• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

6 minutes ago, chara said:

I like SFL's approach to the media..

He does it very well, he does it the right way, it is very professional.  Boring as a Persil advert to me.  
His wife is a famous TV presenter.  His agent used to be married to Kay Burley of Sky (a rottweiler news journalist - who once asked the ex-girlfriend of Steve Wright, the Suffolk serial killer, if perhaps he wouldn't have turned into a murderer if they'd had a better sex life).

9 minutes ago, chara said:

makes a nice change to know he won't say something that can be twisted because of imperfect English or rather be in a position where the media purposely misunderstand a remark....

It is mostly purposely misunderstanding.  Specifically a defensive answer to evade criticism on one point is presented as an part of the managers agenda.
"who is arriving next week" - " I don't know, no one tells me" - Manager has no say in transfers
"who are inked in on the team sheet" - " no one is, it depends on performance"   - Manager says Kante is not guaranteed first choice
SFL will get less of it because the hacks like him and because he gives them quotable lines to keep them out of mischief.

JaneB   
29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He does it very well, he does it the right way, it is very professional.  Boring as a Persil advert to me.  
His wife is a famous TV presenter.  His agent used to be married to Kay Burley of Sky (a rottweiler news journalist - who once asked the ex-girlfriend of Steve Wright, the Suffolk serial killer, if perhaps he wouldn't have turned into a murderer if they'd had a better sex life).

What on earth has that got to do with anything?

Edited by JaneB
  • Like 1

Kezza   
19 hours ago, hallgalley said:

It’s alright letting Luiz go as we still have Hector this season :-)

Miazga as well. Who needs anyone else when we have wondered like these. And we only sign wonderkids.

20 hours ago, hallgalley said:

It’s alright letting Luiz go as we still have Hector this season :-)

He's a good player, Michael Hector. Player of the season for his loan  club last season. However, he's out on loan again to Sheffield Wednesday.

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

He's a good player, Michael Hector. Player of the season for his loan  club last season. However, he's out on loan again to Sheffield Wednesday.

Not yet, he's currently in limbo after deadline day moves to Wednesday and Fulham fell through.

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Nope. They tried to buy him and couldn't agree a fee. Was supposed to go to Fulham once they sold Sessengon, but ran out of time. 

Leo91   
4 hours ago, Never happy said:

So much for playing..luiz is only on the bench...where he would have been for us

Emery with a back 4 today. Be interested if they change to a 3 with him in the side.