• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

The numbers are almost irrelevant for me on Zaha. He will cost what a player of his ability is expected to cost in this day and age.

No, he will cost far more than a player of his ability should cost. I have mates who support Palace and none of them think he is good enough to be a regular for a top 4 side.Hugely inconsistent, which you can get away with at Palace so long as he wins them a few games a season. 

He is no better than what we have. Could see this being another Wright Phillips 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Of all the two potentially available English attackers, why on earth would we go for Zaha? Failed at United, temperamental at Palace-level and would cost a fortune. Sancho is the direction to go in, let's be Frank (I'll get my coat!)

I don't want Zaha here, but I dont agree with this. 

Was never given a chance at United. Much like de Bruyne and Salah here. 

26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No, he will cost far more than a player of his ability should cost. I have mates who support Palace and none of them think he is good enough to be a regular for a top 4 side.Hugely inconsistent, which you can get away with at Palace so long as he wins them a few games a season. 

I think it would be around £60 million. I agree he probably not any better than we have, just more strengthens that area in depth.

I’m generally not too fussed either way with him. I do think many people don’t take into consideration how he might improve for having better players around him. It often seems an ignored potential positive. He is a marked man every single game, at a club like Chelsea he don't become that marked man because so many other talented players to think of. At same time, he may have less space to operate at a club like Chelsea.

Its more a deal I think will happen, than one I want to happen. I’m not really for or against to strongly.

30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I don't want Zaha here, but I dont agree with this. 

Was never given a chance at United. Much like de Bruyne and Salah here. 

but at the price, we should not be, as you say, giving him a chance. That money should buy proven players

Whilst I'm not a fan of Zaha he is exactly the type of forward we should be looking at, one that can play anywhere across the front three.

Dont want him but can see it happening unfortunately. 

paulw66   
Just now, exiledblue said:

but at the price, we should not be, as you say, giving him a chance. That money should buy proven players

I am just saying his time at United is entirely irrelvant to the argument of whether or not we should buy him. It has zero impact on whether he would / would not be a good signing for us. 

1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

He is proven in the league we play in. If we are looking for a AM, who are these proven players that will be much cheaper than Zaha. All fees are excessive now and his worth to palace is huge.

Very sensible words by SFL here: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7764291/Frank-Lampard-tells-Chelsea-youngsters-stand-counted.html

Let's really hope we get the right quality moving forward. Players like Telles (Chilwell is not going to move in Jan and Telles would cost wise probably be about what we can get in for either Alonso or Emerson.), Werner, Sancho etc should be aim. Let's not settle for second bests, we have enough youth players who cover the squad positions. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I always thought Sweep's problem was he was a match winner for a smaller club now trying to play at an equal level with some big names.  Joe Cole was similar for a long while.  
Hazard's privileges are gone.

Ham   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

CHO not starting under Lampard is far more accpetable to most than him not starting under Sarri, but there you go.

Whenever we look back at how a boring 3 week debate on Sarri started, remember that it's almost always a comment like this from the Pro-camp on an unrelated subject 👆