• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

And herein lies the problem with the arrogance of the pro-campaign. 

You've completely missed my point too and compounded it by starting a debate with your go-to Sarri claim. Head-hunted and Chelsea had no say? 😆

It is the arrogance of the round earth society yes.  Winding up the flat earthers yes.

12 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Use the term joker or whatever you like. One of us uses knowledge of football outside of Chelsea, whilst the other uses stats and numbers from Wikipedia when forming their opinion.

So you got your personal dislike of Sarri before he arrived here, and have continued it afterwards unaffected by his successes here.  Seriously if you want to brag about how clever you are in seeing through Sarri's incompetence, brag away.

11 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Excellent.

Ham   
3 minutes ago, chara said:

Well said Ham....looks like the Sea Air suits you!

Haha it does Chara.  

Loving life right now football-wise and otherwise 🙂

• Like 1

Was just about to post a link to the club statement. I love that statement and it really does turn the spotlight back on to FIFA and I would love to see it get picked up by the media with pressure then poured on to FIFA to respond to what Chelsea have said... of course that won't happen, but proud of our club all the same.

In fact, throughout the process our club have dealt with it very well I think.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is the arrogance of the round earth society yes.  Winding up the flat earthers yes.

So you got your personal dislike of Sarri before he arrived here, and have continued it afterwards unaffected by his successes here.  Seriously if you want to brag about how clever you are in seeing through Sarri's incompetence, brag away.

Excellent.

Nope. I was all for what I thought was a great appointment and said it in here at the time. To quote you ‘you clearly haven’t been paying attention ‘

2 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Nope. I was all for what I thought was a great appointment and said it in here at the time. To quote you ‘you clearly haven’t been paying attention ‘

Intriguing.  

27 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

One of us uses knowledge of football outside of Chelsea,

So what was this about??  Just face it, there isn't a reason to dislike Sarri as a manager, the earth is round.  Being coy about where you got the dislike from isn't a defence.

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Intriguing.  

So what was this about??  Just face it, there isn't a reason to dislike Sarri as a manager, the earth is round.  Being coy about where you got the dislike from isn't a defence.

That’s about you using the term joker. Clearly, as we have argued Sarri from different sides, I’m in the joker camp. Me reacting by point out your use of Wikipedia is not a bad reaction really.

Again, there is no dislike for Sarri. Other than I think he did a bang average job of managing the club I support. It means I will react to posters who want to lavish praise on a manager ,who played the most sterile version of football in have seen at Chelsea in about 25 years. 

Unfortunately, if you disagree strongly with you Droy, then you have to do one of two things. Be prepared to look petty getting involved in back and forth, or just walk away from the debate.

Everyone knows that’s  how it works on here. 

Very strongly worded statement, the club obviously feels hard done by in this matter. Blatter and a few others may have taken the fall but FIFA is as corrupt as ever. 

I have to say, many of the names mentioned leave me cold. Chilwell? Zaha?? Especially at the rumoured fees. The lack of quality around these days, combined with the astronomical prices, is hard to accept. 

4 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Very strongly worded statement, the club obviously feels hard done by in this matter. Blatter and a few others may have taken the fall but FIFA is as corrupt as ever. 

I have to say, many of the names mentioned leave me cold. Chilwell? Zaha?? Especially at the rumoured fees. The lack of quality around these days, combined with the astronomical prices, is hard to accept. 

Not sure why, but I am increasing getting the feeling that much of the best quality in the world right now is..... believe it or not, English.

15 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Personally, I think Telles is a much more likely target for this window. His agent is quoted as saying he expects him to sign for us at some point (he said this in Feb 19) and he only has 18 months left. As for Zaha, could not agree more. He has disaster written all over him. I get some people do not want to spend £100m on Sancho as he is 19 but Dybala was being touted about in Summer for the same sort of fee Zaha is and he is a much better player. 

jangz   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

FIFA is one of the most corrupt not for profit organisations in the world.. ffs having a World Cup in Qatar in June!

The conspiracy theorist in me says given the property and perks FIFA enjoys in Dubai it dare not go against their deputy PM

• Like 1