• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

well done, will be interesting to see the response.

maybe we can claim some compo from UEFA

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Was just about to post a link to the club statement. I love that statement and it really does turn the spotlight back on to FIFA and I would love to see it get picked up by the media with pressure then poured on to FIFA to respond to what Chelsea have said... of course that won't happen, but proud of our club all the same.

In fact, throughout the process our club have dealt with it very well I think.

it wont get picked up by the media as it was us, it doesnt fit their agenda

21 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Personally, I think Telles is a much more likely target for this window. His agent is quoted as saying he expects him to sign for us at some point (he said this in Feb 19) and he only has 18 months left. As for Zaha, could not agree more. He has disaster written all over him. I get some people do not want to spend £100m on Sancho as he is 19 but Dybala was being touted about in Summer for the same sort of fee Zaha is and he is a much better player. 

But Dybala didn’t move anywhere, just rumour that’s what the fee was from a club with astronomical wage bill and even if true, his wage demands were ridiculous in excess of 300k per week by all accounts. You can’t use Dybala rumoured fee as a comparison stick for Zaha. It’s not the same thing.

If we use similar players/positions in England, then they are going to cost similar to Zaha.

Richarlison- cost Everton £40 million and been a success, so would be very high.

Rashford - would cost a bomb

Pepe - Cost £72 million and not got going yet.

Son - would cost a bomb

Moura - Probably £50 million

Grealish - starting bids probably £70 million

Harvey Barnes - handful of PL games and talking £30 million to start

Harry Wilson - One successful Championship season and Liverpool wanted £30 million for him!

So whilst I don’t doubt cheaper options abroad, players in England in similar positions to Zaha are going to cost similar fees. Some of these on this random list have not had as much personal success as Zaha either.

Zaha for £60 million which I believe you will get him for, really is the going rate these days. Not saying I agree with that, it’s just where we are at with football.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

Zaha is a done deal, Bats may well move the other way, he will replace Pedro.

Thats why Arsenal signed Pepe,

could do with another striker ( like the look of Sheffield Utd bloke who moved from Bournemouth)

also might buy back Ake

2 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Zaha is a done deal, Bats may well move the other way, he will replace Pedro.

Thats why Arsenal signed Pepe,

could do with another striker ( like the look of Sheffield Utd bloke who moved from Bournemouth)

also might buy back Ake

We have this £40 million buy back clause for Ake by all accounts.

I like Ake a lot , he only really lacks height but has great spring

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Intriguing.  

So what was this about??  Just face it, there isn't a reason to dislike Sarri as a manager, the earth is round.  Being coy about where you got the dislike from isn't a defence.

Here we go again.

Out of interest (or not) can you separate Mourinho and Sarri in your list of 'Past Chelsea Managers who still do it for me more than the present one' ??

55 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

But Dybala didn’t move anywhere, just rumour that’s what the fee was from a club with astronomical wage bill and even if true, his wage demands were ridiculous in excess of 300k per week by all accounts. You can’t use Dybala rumoured fee as a comparison stick for Zaha. It’s not the same thing.

If we use similar players/positions in England, then they are going to cost similar to Zaha.

Richarlison- cost Everton £40 million and been a success, so would be very high.

Rashford - would cost a bomb

Pepe - Cost £72 million and not got going yet.

Son - would cost a bomb

Moura - Probably £50 million

Grealish - starting bids probably £70 million

Harvey Barnes - handful of PL games and talking £30 million to start

Harry Wilson - One successful Championship season and Liverpool wanted £30 million for him!

So whilst I don’t doubt cheaper options abroad, players in England in similar positions to Zaha are going to cost similar fees. Some of these on this random list have not had as much personal success as Zaha either.

Zaha for £60 million which I believe you will get him for, really is the going rate these days. Not saying I agree with that, it’s just where we are at with football.

I do not disagree with the figures you have quoted for the above players but all of those players are the types I hope we avoid as none really take us to the next level or even are likely to get ahead of Willian, Puli and CHO. One benefit of the transfer ban is that we have discovered we have a wealth of players who have a lot of potential and can develop further. For this reason, I see absolutely no need to start buying the likes of Zaha, Moura, Grealish etc. The players we should be targetting are the likes of Werner, Dybala and Sancho. There is no point in us going to the the lower category as they are not needed and likely to end up as Cuadrado/Baka/Drinky. I mean who seriously here thinks 'ohh, I cannot wait to see Zaha here taking a starting XI place form Willian/CHO/Puli'?  

Edited by King Kante
  • Like 1

I had no idea about the ban being lifted until I opened the tab of this thread about 20 minutes ago. Brilliant! The biggest/only transfer news of our season, open the transfer thread and read a load of waffle about ex managers. Unless Sarri is signing for us as the modern day Socrates and bossing the midfield on two packs a day, take it elsewhere!

Zaha is a no from me, too inconsistent for the money. Ake a bit of a sideways step, not that much better than we have already and not world class.

Striker is an absolute must, don't think Tammy has scored against any decent opposition yet (top 6, ajax, valencia) and Bats and Giroud are shocking. Personally I would dump both, get one top quality player in to share with Tammy. We are too reliant on him and there can be such a thing as such a young player playing too much, some rest would keep him fresher. No other position is so desperately bad that we shouldn't wait until summer if the right player isn't available in January.