• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

In total agreement about Chilwell , I'd be tempting Arsenal for Tierney or even getting Van Arnholt back from Palace , his defending has improved and he's great going forwards  , Rice is a strange one as the rumours don't go away , but I saw some stats from the recent game that they won and although you can prove or disprove anything with stats , they were impressive , it was stuff like , most chances created , most interceptions , most tackles, most headers etc .

PvA turns 30 in August.........I remember watching him in the youth team. Christ. 

Never really understood why he and Bertrand got moved on, and then we proceeded to spend the national debt of a small country on other left backs who were no better or worse than the pair 

chelboy   

Chilwell is basically Emerson with a better engine. He has potential but I don’t think it’s that high. I don’t understand the idea of Rice as a CB. We should be looking for a highly experienced commanding CB. Rice is good but much prefer him DM and he is not experienced as a CB. 

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Chilwell is basically Emerson with a better engine. He has potential but I don’t think it’s that high. I don’t understand the idea of Rice as a CB. We should be looking for a highly experienced commanding CB. Rice is good but much prefer him DM and he is not experienced as a CB. 

yes

28 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Maybe the idea of Rice as a CB is a fantasy concocted by the 2+2=5 brigade in the media. 

For me it's much more likely to be Rice as a Jorginho replacement and we then go and sign a proper centre half. 

Watching West Ham v Watford,  what a goal by Rice 3-0 in 35 mins...

but does anyone else think sarr from Watford would be a good addition to the squad?

chara   

OK.....to keep..... Mount Zouma Tomori Kova Pulisic James Gilmour.as a basis for the future...benefit of the doubt keeps..Dave Tammy Kepa Rudigar ...to go...Pedro (gone) Willian Giroud CHO RLC Christenson Emerson Alonso.Jorge....no sentiment involved but who really would you keep in a perfect season?....such a gutting of the squad probably is not possible and replacements are few and far between the real need is a CH as we all know and a top keeper but from where?

Considering how the season could have gone Chelsea have done well...even worse case scenario would leave the club in a better position than most of us feared last August.

SFL had a huge task and still does and the rebuild will take longer than the short break between now and the new season ..and the end of next season...so deep breath..think long term....top four isn't a holy grail thing...finances apart...and the Ropey league ..despite NB's justifiable horror...is something to use as a stepping stone not an anchor around our necks.

9 hours ago, Rob B said:

Chilwell is very similar to Emerson in my opinion.  At initial viewing he is quick, and easy on the eye, but doesn't really have any stand-out characteristics.  In fact he has less goals than Alonso in about double the game-time, with the same number of assists (3) this season, playing for a team who are about on par in the table.  Alonso has some very obvious flaws, but he's a very good goal threat and about 10cm taller than Chilwell which shouldn't be a criteria when picking a Left-Back, but is quite important currently!  I've come to the conclusion that whilst he's certainly a good player,  he is overrated because he is young and English.. 

Regarding Rice, we have plenty of players that are good on the ball - namely Rudiger, Tomori, Chistensen and longer-term even Guehi and Ampadu; what we miss is a Maguire, Cahill, Dunk, Soyuncu sort of player that is a commanding leader and will stick their head in where it hurts.  Rice may well be that player, but I'm not sure he's the best that is out there for the money.  He isn't even playing in defence currently. 

Regarding Chilwell, I'm not sure what more the guy can do. He's playing for a top side and putting in 7-8 out of 10 performances week in, week out.

Rarely ever loses possession, great at recovering, scored a couple great goals this season, clearly well-suited to the league...

I mean, to compare him to Emerson is a real insult to Chilwell as Emerson is nowhere near his level. Emerson isn't even able to feature at the moment!

I'd like to see the club buy players that Lampard wants and who are already proven in the league as we have blown an incredible amount of money recent years on the likes of Michy, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Kepa, Rudiger, Emerson...

Regarding Rice, the guy oozes confidence IMO. We can use a personality like his at the moment in that backline.

I think that people are too hard on English players... I'm not even English... I just look at these guys play because the games are so evenly spaced out on TV post-lockdown and the times are really convenient with my work schedule..

These guys are good players regardless of their nationalities. The club's right to be looking at both of them. I can't think of a single LB in the league other than Robertson who is as good as Chilwell. 

I was especially skeptical about Declan Rice but every time I see West Ham play he's making interceptions, winning headers, positioning himself in the right places and moving the ball on cleverly. And he's a big guy as well - very difficult to get around at times. That's the kind of player I'd like to see at Chelsea.

chara   
5 hours ago, chara said:

OK.....to keep..... Mount Zouma Tomori Kova Pulisic James Gilmour.as a basis for the future...benefit of the doubt keeps..Dave Tammy Kepa Rudigar ...to go...Pedro (gone) Willian Giroud CHO RLC Christenson Emerson Alonso.Jorge....no sentiment involved but who really would you keep in a perfect season?....such a gutting of the squad probably is not possible and replacements are few and far between the real need is a CH as we all know and a top keeper but from where?

Considering how the season could have gone Chelsea have done well...even worse case scenario would leave the club in a better position than most of us feared last August.

SFL had a huge task and still does and the rebuild will take longer than the short break between now and the new season ..and the end of next season...so deep breath..think long term....top four isn't a holy grail thing...finances apart...and the Ropey league ..despite NB's justifiable horror...is something to use as a stepping stone not an anchor around our necks.

Sorry..Kante....benefit of the doubt..age and injuries mounting up.

Kezza   
6 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

That's the kind of player I'd like to see at Chelsea.

Then you wonder why Chelsea let guys like him go and buy players like Bakayoko. :)

Kezza   

We should really be looking at Alaba. A no nonsense defender and flexible at CB and LB as well. Another Azpilicueta in my opinion.