• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I like Rice a lot, he definitely has something about him and would be more than happy if we signed him. He would walk onto our side right now and probably be captain.

He will end up 100% end up at a top 6 club.

26 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

What about Ampadu?

Suspect he will be part of the 1st team squad and to help Werner settle. Let hope his confidence was not given too much of a beating at RB?

53 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I like Rice a lot, he definitely has something about him and would be more than happy if we signed him. He would walk onto our side right now and probably be captain.

He will end up 100% end up at a top 6 club.

Agree he a Chelsea type player and would be an asset to the squad, however is he really someone for this summer when there are more important positions in the team which require strengthening 

bert19   
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

We should really be looking at Alaba. A no nonsense defender and flexible at CB and LB as well. Another Azpilicueta in my opinion.

This. I think a player like him would be an incredible addition to our back four 

Plenty of experience and know-how at the highest level. Used to winning trophies, still only 27/28. And I doubt a player of his ilk is going to be available very often. I’d be all over him

Edited by bert19

8 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Regarding Chilwell, I'm not sure what more the guy can do. He's playing for a top side and putting in 7-8 out of 10 performances week in, week out.

Rarely ever loses possession, great at recovering, scored a couple great goals this season, clearly well-suited to the league...

I mean, to compare him to Emerson is a real insult to Chilwell as Emerson is nowhere near his level. Emerson isn't even able to feature at the moment!

I'd like to see the club buy players that Lampard wants and who are already proven in the league as we have blown an incredible amount of money recent years on the likes of Michy, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Kepa, Rudiger, Emerson...

Regarding Rice, the guy oozes confidence IMO. We can use a personality like his at the moment in that backline.

I think that people are too hard on English players... I'm not even English... I just look at these guys play because the games are so evenly spaced out on TV post-lockdown and the times are really convenient with my work schedule..

These guys are good players regardless of their nationalities. The club's right to be looking at both of them. I can't think of a single LB in the league other than Robertson who is as good as Chilwell. 

I was especially skeptical about Declan Rice but every time I see West Ham play he's making interceptions, winning headers, positioning himself in the right places and moving the ball on cleverly. And he's a big guy as well - very difficult to get around at times. That's the kind of player I'd like to see at Chelsea.

I'm speaking for myself here but don't believe that nobody rates Chilwell. 

It's more likely to be they don't rate Chilwell at the £80,000,000 that Leicester are likely to want for him. 

On Rice, we sell Jorginho, get Rice back, we're golden (and I like Jorginho). 

Alaba would be an amazing signing, but I just don't know if I can see him coming to Chelsea at this stage, I would be amazed if Pep didn't try and get him in.

Chillwell, for me, is a no, I just don't think he's worth the money being thrown around. If we were to sign him for £80m, I would be expecting the best LB in the world and that he most definitely is not.

Rice I would be happy with us signing, I think he's the kind of character we want, he has something none of our other youngsters has, that bit of no-nonsense toughness and true leadership. I also think he'd come in as a replacement in the squad for Jorginho rather than CB as being rumoured. All that being said, I can easily see how the Rice rumour is no more than just media hype: former Chelsea academy player, friends with Mason Mount, coming back to boyhood club for a manager that has played academy players this season.

CB, I'd strongly be considering Dunk or Tarkowski plus one other.

Onana, backup but not a starting PL GK I don't think. Oblak quality keeper, but would be far too expensive. I do think some decent options in the PL that we should consider:

Schmeichel - Can't see them selling him, but a quality keeper if we were able to bring him in.
Henderson - Best option, but don't see United selling him, without him forcing a move.
Pope - May not be the perfect goalkeeper, but a very good and very solid keeper that would be an improvement on Kepa IMO.
McCarthy - Seems to go under the radar a bit, but I think a very good keeper.

Outside the PL, Donnarumma must surely be considered, his contract expires next summer, now feels the perfect time to try and see if he can be snapped up.

2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

What about Ampadu?

If the club still like him then he needs 30 starts, perhaps at a Championship club to be sure he gets them.
If he is back at Cobham then you can be sure we have no long term plans for him and he is just covering gaps we intend to fill with others.
Guehi who since lockdown has been getting regular starts at Swansea has overtaken him in terms of preparation (but also needs a full year of playing).

Ham   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If the club still like him then he needs 30 starts, perhaps at a Championship club to be sure he gets them.
If he is back at Cobham then you can be sure we have no long term plans for him and he is just covering gaps we intend to fill with others.
Guehi who since lockdown has been getting regular starts at Swansea has overtaken him in terms of preparation (but also needs a full year of playing).

Ampadu needs a loan in the PL, not the championship.  

I think many have forgotten just how good a prospect he is.  

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's more likely to be they don't rate Chilwell at the £80,000,000 that Leicester are likely to want for him. 

But Oblak is worth 108mp (More than Allisson, Ederson, Courtois and probably more than Ter Stegen if he were to be sold) ????