• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ampadu needs a loan in the PL, not the championship.  

I think many have forgotten just how good a prospect he is.  

From a career perspective, PL might not be his best move. I think the worst case scenario for Ampadu is that he's on someone like Steve Bruce's or David Moyes' bench for a year more learning nothing.

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ampadu needs a loan in the PL, not the championship.  

I think many have forgotten just how good a prospect he is.  

I kind of agree but in the end he can't have another season where he barely gets picked.  I think sometimes he must wonder why he didn't just stay at Exeter.
He just spent a year sitting on the bench at a club just a little too ambitious for him to be there.  (I suspect they were trying to buy him, not rent him, and it all got confused).

3 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

From a career perspective, PL might not be his best move. I think the worst case scenario for Ampadu is that he's on someone like Steve Bruce's or David Moyes' bench for a year more learning nothing.

Quite

Mark Kelly    927
9 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

But Oblak is worth 108mp (More than Allisson, Ederson, Courtois and probably more than Ter Stegen if he were to be sold) ????

Where did I say that? 

Ham    833
40 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I kind of agree but in the end he can't have another season where he barely gets picked.  I think sometimes he must wonder why he didn't just stay at Exeter.
He just spent a year sitting on the bench at a club just a little too ambitious for him to be there.  (I suspect they were trying to buy him, not rent him, and it all got confused).

Quite

I think there's a level in the PL where he's a guaranteed starter for a newly promoted club with ambitions of staying up.  

If we were to loan to a PL team I'd want assurances on playing time.  

He needs to be tested against PL teams.

Ideally I'd like to see him getting playing time with us next season if we're looking to shore up at DM.  He's perfect for that role.  

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I think there's a level in the PL where he's a guaranteed starter for a newly promoted club with ambitions of staying up.  

Well it is a level significantly below RB Leipzig then.  Who continue to do well but still haven't chosen to start him for a domestic game yet, despite the Bundesliga being almost perfect for a ball playing young CB.

Not sure there are many clubs in the Prem or promoted clubs that are significantly weaker than RB Leipzig and at the same time have reasonable hopes of staying up.  More over they are likely to be teams that will ditch the teenage loaned CB at the first sight of a relegation fight.

Ham    833
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well it is a level significantly below RB Leipzig then.  Who continue to do well but still haven't chosen to start him for a domestic game yet, despite the Bundesliga being almost perfect for a ball playing young CB.

Not sure there are many clubs in the Prem or promoted clubs that are significantly weaker than RB Leipzig and at the same time have reasonable hopes of staying up.  More over they are likely to be teams that will ditch the teenage loaned CB at the first sight of a relegation fight.

Who knows why the RB coach chose not to play him.  Not necessarily a slight on Ethan.  

Mark Kelly    927
24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Who knows why the RB coach chose not to play him.  Not necessarily a slight on Ethan.  

We've seen it before loads of times, a club loan a player, the coach prefers to pick "his" players to Foster a sense of togetherness or something else and the loaned player doesn't play. 

You're not telling me Christensen can be a relative success on loan in Germany and Ethan isn't quite deemed good enough. 

RobertoftheGiz    107
5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

If he is back at Cobham then you can be sure we have no long term plans for him and he is just covering gaps we intend to fill with others.

Pure speculation without an ounce of proof “unless you are part of the academy set up”. 

The club must have been happy with his progress at RB or I am sure they would have used the option to bring him back and loan him out to another club, similar to the option the club used with Connor at Charlton. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

It was a slight on Ethan.  Not picking him for a single domestic start is as much of a slight as you can get.  Undeserved perhaps.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You're not telling me Christensen can be a relative success on loan in Germany and Ethan isn't quite deemed good enough. 

Now we are in dreamland - Ampadu may look incredibly promising, but in terms of being ready to start a Prem game last time we saw him he was several levels below the Christensen who returned from Borussia Munchengladbach and started playing for us in 2017.    4 years younger too, so what he really needs is 30 starts at any adult level he can get.

Players advance in bursts, Christensen I guess did all his advancing in Germany and then stopped.  But you can't presume that Ampadu progressed last year based on one game against Spurs.  Ethan was not deemed good enough for Leipzig.  A mistake he can't afford to repeat next year.  (Why do we think Tammy dropped to the Championship last year rather than stay in the Prem?)

3 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Pure speculation without an ounce of proof “unless you are part of the academy set up”. 

The club must have been happy with his progress at RB or I am sure they would have used the option to bring him back and loan him out to another club, similar to the option the club used with Connor at Charlton. 

Eh?  The best get loaned, the weaker ones stay - has been the way for decades.  Please explain if you have a different understanding - give us a laugh instead of just mocking the commonsense view.

The club were hugely happy with Connor at Charlton.  Charlton loved him too - played a great CM game and popped up with a lot of goals as extras.
The issue was a) Charlton were struggling with relegation and b) the England Youth coach he had played for was taking over at Swansea and wanted to bring some WC stars with him - Guehi, Gallacher and some other kid (liverpool?).

But with Ampadu it is not clear if we ever had the ability to recall him from his loan without Leipzig agreement (they stated he would stay).

21 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The club must have been happy with his progress at RB

Pfffffffff