• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, Flinkers said:

Everything I read here was that we had no recall option and the coach thought he had far better alternatives in the squad. I’m not sure if the loan was organised before Nagelsmann took over, but it’s certainly clear he didn’t rate him. We clearly underestimated how competitive Leipzig was going to be and the standard of the Bundesliga

This is the impression I got as well. It seemed to me that the coach didn't seem to rate him.

We can all appreciate that he is a good young player, but the first step for him has to be to get into a team regularly. 

There is no shame starting at a lower level and working your way up. Ampadu basically took up a loan at a club that overall competed at a very high level. 

Even Mount, Tomori, James and Abraham did their time down in the championship. All four of them did their parts this season... the championship is a good move for young Ampadu IMO.

I was back and forth on Havertz. Obviously one of the most hyped prospects in world football and all that but we'd be absolutely stacked in the attacking department and you wonder how much more money is left to strengthen defensively (LB/CB/GK). Not only that but I've enjoyed watching the Academy players get so many minutes this season and you can't help but fear a little bit for Tammy, RLC, CHO and possibly even Mount. Now I don't think the first three have looked at the required level lately but I still want them to succeed and continue at Chelsea. Expectations will also be completely different now. Sign players like this and you're going to be expecting to challenge for major honours sooner. More pressure on Frank to deliver. At the beginning of this season barely anyone had us finishing top four, many not even top 6. Next season that will be very different regardless of who else we bring in to shore up the defence.

Ornstein's reporting £65m + 15 in bonuses which looks a very good deal indeed. I've been reading comments from Bundesliga supporters saying Leverkusen would be demanding 100m+ euros for ages. It's hard not to be excited by this. Especially alongside Ziyech and Werner and with the strong sense that the best is yet to come from Christian Pulisic.

Jasonb   

One thing that bothers me, if we let Willian go we need another body that is defensively capable and works hard around the middle of the pitch. I don't think just Mount and Kovacic are enough and there is a question mark over Kante's recurring injuries.

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Who's this Ornstein fella? Reliable?

Very, one of the most consistently reliable reporters on transfers out there. Fabrizio Romano has just said the same and he's also very reliable. Most people pretty much consider it gospel when he says a transfer is happening or not.

Havertz is still pushing to leave Bayer Leverkusen and he’d like to join Chelsea, confirmed. During this week Chelsea board will decide also about their final budget for transfers (after signing Werner). Bayer want around €80/90m for Havertz - it’s up to Chelsea #CFC #Chelsea

Looking likely I'd say. 

Edited by Bridge Soldier

19 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Very, one of the most consistently reliable reporters on transfers out there. Fabrizio Romano has just said the same and he's also very reliable. Most people pretty much consider it gospel when he says a transfer is happening or not.

Looking likely I'd say. 

Cheers, fingers crossed.

bert19   
22 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Looking likely I'd say. 

He mentioned something about raising more cash from proposed sales too, so guessing there might already be some deals in the pipeline or even close to done? 

chelboy   
46 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

I was back and forth on Havertz. Obviously one of the most hyped prospects in world football and all that but we'd be absolutely stacked in the attacking department and you wonder how much more money is left to strengthen defensively (LB/CB/GK). Not only that but I've enjoyed watching the Academy players get so many minutes this season and you can't help but fear a little bit for Tammy, RLC, CHO and possibly even Mount. Now I don't think the first three have looked at the required level lately but I still want them to succeed and continue at Chelsea. Expectations will also be completely different now. Sign players like this and you're going to be expecting to challenge for major honours sooner. More pressure on Frank to deliver. At the beginning of this season barely anyone had us finishing top four, many not even top 6. Next season that will be very different regardless of who else we bring in to shore up the defence.

Ornstein's reporting £65m + 15 in bonuses which looks a very good deal indeed. I've been reading comments from Bundesliga supporters saying Leverkusen would be demanding 100m+ euros for ages. It's hard not to be excited by this. Especially alongside Ziyech and Werner and with the strong sense that the best is yet to come from Christian Pulisic.

If we qualify for CL then I reckon we have around £100M-£150M spare. Ziyech and Werner deals fall into last season financial campaign as it was done before July. We are yet to spend in the new season. As mentioned there will be some sales too. 

Mount is untouchable for Lamps and I am sure he will get loads of minutes next season. Tammy will get minutes not as many as Mount but he will get rotated with Giroud. With better passers of the ball I think we will see a better Tammy next season. I’m not in the camp that thinks Werner will play a lot at ST next season I see him occupying LW. RLC would be a squad player if he can get back to fitness which would push Barkley almost out. CHO needs a loan for his own development. 

The new signings does put pressure on Lamps to deliver but he also has to build his team in his own style. I can’t really expect him to keep trying to make different system type of players fit into his new one. He would just be going around in a circle. I don’t think anyone expects us to get 100 points next season but that gap between us and first two has to shrink by some distance. 

Edited by chelboy
  • Like 1