• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, bert19 said:

He mentioned something about raising more cash from proposed sales too, so guessing there might already be some deals in the pipeline or even close to done? 

Whilst this is a good summer to buy, I think we'll find it even more difficult than usual to get cash for our cast-offs.

Emerson and Jorginho from the first team squad could be for sale, along with loanees Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Moses, Baba Rahman, Kenedy and Miazga. I think our best case scenario will again be loans with buy options, no-one is going to fork out what we'd want.

bert19   
1 minute ago, chiswickblue said:

Whilst this is a good summer to buy, I think we'll find it even more difficult than usual to get cash for our cast-offs.

Emerson and Jorginho from the first team squad could be for sale, along with loanees Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Moses, Baba Rahman, Kenedy and Miazga. I think our best case scenario will again be loans with buy options, no-one is going to fork out what we'd want.

Agreed, but if we could get the preferred sort of money for a couple of them, that would be a great start.  And then some money (and probably more importantly, the wages off the books) for others, I'm guessing we'd be happy enough.  

Some like Kenedy and Miazga clearly have no future here, so could just be best to cut ties if possible

Hard to see us getting anything for some of those players. How much is Drinkwater on? We'd do well to give him away at this point. 

Emerson and Jorginho, sure. Both players clearly have admirers in Italy. Possibly Batshuayi, Bakayoko and Zappacosta. But could see loan with buy options on them. Maybe Barkley (or Loftus-Cheek if you prefer) if Havertz does sign. Maybe a centre back will be sold if we sign one of those too.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

Just now, bert19 said:

He mentioned something about raising more cash from proposed sales too, so guessing there might already be some deals in the pipeline or even close to done? 

I was just thinking the same. Be interesting who......nothing too obvious really.

Kepa - Likely to have to reinvest more past what fee he might attract

Christensen - Looks an obvious one, but difficult to fetch more than £25 million in climate

Rudiger - Can't see it and again would need another £50 million spent to replace

Zouma - If happy to be squad player, don't see the sense in selling him as he has proved a useful squad member throughout this season.

Barkley - Has the be one of the best options to sell. stock still relatively high

Jorginho - Looks a candidate but again needs replacing with high transfee fee acquisition.

Jorginho, Barkely, Christensen could probably fetch close to £100 million which I supposed covers the Havertz deal, but we will still need to buy a replacement for Jorginho and Christensen.

chelboy   
21 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I was just thinking the same. Be interesting who......nothing too obvious really.

Kepa - Likely to have to reinvest more past what fee he might attract

Christensen - Looks an obvious one, but difficult to fetch more than £25 million in climate

Rudiger - Can't see it and again would need another £50 million spent to replace

Zouma - If happy to be squad player, don't see the sense in selling him as he has proved a useful squad member throughout this season.

Barkley - Has the be one of the best options to sell. stock still relatively high

Jorginho - Looks a candidate but again needs replacing with high transfee fee acquisition.

Jorginho, Barkely, Christensen could probably fetch close to £100 million which I supposed covers the Havertz deal, but we will still need to buy a replacement for Jorginho and Christensen.

Christensen should be around £40M. Barca seemed interested a few seasons ago and considering their ageing squad  and poor defence they might be desperate for him. Also I heard Conte is looking for a new CB so he may have a few bidders raising the price. Can’t see Rudiger being sold this window, agree selling Zouma wouldn’t make sense. 

Bats-£20M

Barkley-£25M ( don’t think he would be sold yet without them knowing if RLC can return to previous fitness levels) Rumours that Moyes want him and could see him being sacrificed in a Rice deal. 

Emerson- £25m

Jorginho-£50M

Drinkwater £5-10M

Zappacosta-£15M

Kepa- possible loan fee

Add those to the Christensen fee and it would look like a decent amount. 

Edited by chelboy

26 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Christensen should be around £40M. Barca seemed interested a few seasons ago and considering their ageing squad  and poor defence they might be desperate for him. Also I heard Conte is looking for a new CB so he may have a few bidders raising the price. Can’t see Rudiger being sold this window, agree selling Zouma wouldn’t make sense. 

Bats-£20M

Barkley-£25M ( don’t think he would be sold yet without them knowing if RLC can return to previous fitness levels) Rumours that Moyes want him and could see him being sacrificed in a Rice deal. 

Emerson- £25m

Jorginho-£50M

Drinkwater £5-10M

Zappacosta-£15M

Kepa- possible loan fee

Add those to the Christensen fee and it would look like a decent amount. 

I think those prices have gone - as far as I can see the only club willing to pay 20m+ for anyone atm is Chelsea.
I can't see how we can sell 3 flops (Bats, Barkley and Emerson) for more than we paid for them when we have to assume to absent market is a market that has crashed.
I can't imagine how we could get more than 20m for Christensen this summer.  

Plenty of sales, not much income I imagine.  And some wage subsidy for a few like Drinkwater who I believe has 2 years left.

On Keepers, my hunch is that Caballero will drop to GK3 this summer and we will buy a mid-priced young but unproven alternative to Kepa and let them fight it out.

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think those prices have gone - as far as I can see the only club willing to pay 20m+ for anyone atm is Chelsea.
I can't see how we can sell 3 flops (Bats, Barkley and Emerson) for more than we paid for them when we have to assume to absent market is a market that has crashed.
I can't imagine how we could get more than 20m for Christensen this summer.  

Plenty of sales, not much income I imagine.  And some wage subsidy for a few like Drinkwater who I believe has 2 years left.

On Keepers, my hunch is that Caballero will drop to GK3 this summer and we will buy a mid-priced young but unproven alternative to Kepa and let them fight it out.

yes, Bats, Drinkwater and Zappacosta.........3 unwanted players on big wages. They will vrtually be given away (if we can find a taker)

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

yes, Bats, Drinkwater and Zappacosta.........3 unwanted players on big wages. They will vrtually be given away (if we can find a taker)

Bakayoko.  
At least Moses should move on to Uncle Conte though I have no doubt they will try to get a fee below that in the option.

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yeah tend to agree. I think you could maybe get £15 million for Bats in climate for a club wanting to take a chance on a goalscorer. Drinkwater and Zappacosta will be virtually giveaways really.

Lamps seems to have time for Barkley, but he just stands out as a player who will make money and not greatly missed really. I still think you will get £25 million for him, his stock is probably a little higher than when he joined and English which helps. Can see him attracting a decent bid from likes of West Ham, Palace,Wolves .

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yeah tend to agree. I think you could maybe get £15 million for Bats in climate for a club wanting to take a chance on a goalscorer. Drinkwater and Zappacosta will be virtually giveaways really.

Lamps seems to have time for Barkley, but he just stands out as a player who will make money and not greatly missed really. I still think you will get £25 million for him, his stock is probably a little higher than when he joined and English which helps. Can see him attracting a decent bid from likes of West Ham, Palace,Wolves .

Yeah, and Barkely is under direct threat if Havertz comes. he will appeal to some as he is home grown