• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chelboy   
34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think those prices have gone - as far as I can see the only club willing to pay 20m+ for anyone atm is Chelsea.
I can't see how we can sell 3 flops (Bats, Barkley and Emerson) for more than we paid for them when we have to assume to absent market is a market that has crashed.
I can't imagine how we could get more than 20m for Christensen this summer.  

Plenty of sales, not much income I imagine.  And some wage subsidy for a few like Drinkwater who I believe has 2 years left.

On Keepers, my hunch is that Caballero will drop to GK3 this summer and we will buy a mid-priced young but unproven alternative to Kepa and let them fight it out.

You can still sell them in instalments. Unless they have 1 year remaining on their contracts I don’t see us dropping to crazy low prices for players such Jorginho and Christensen. Can’t see a £20M offer for Christensen being accepted. 

1 minute ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yeah tend to agree. I think you could maybe get £15 million for Bats in climate for a club wanting to take a chance on a goalscorer. Drinkwater and Zappacosta will be virtually giveaways really.

Lamps seems to have time for Barkley, but he just stands out as a player who will make money and not greatly missed really. I still think you will get £25 million for him, his stock is probably a little higher than when he joined and English which helps. Can see him attracting a decent bid from likes of West Ham, Palace,Wolves .

Zappacosta has had nasty injuries and is only just beginning to start games since the break.  I've always thought he could have been used by us a lot more (especially ahead of Moses).  But agree at 28 and 2 years on his contract he will be hard to move on for a fee.

He hardly picks him though if you count the minutes.  He has been playing when 2 out of Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic have been out.
I suspect Barkley is a whiner and constantly knocking at the manager's dressing room, hence the constant positive mentions to the media.  No sympathy from me.

11 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Yeah, and Barkely is under direct threat if Havertz comes. he will appeal to some as he is home grown 

Surely we have loads of homegrown and FA grown players now.  

6 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

He'll appeal to other clubs for being home grown I think he means.

As I understand it PL clubs are still allowed 17 overseas players.  Other than for the top 6 or 7 clubs I can't see that is any kind of limitation.  And I can't see any top 6 clubs being interested in Barkley.

On 09/07/2020 at 2:21 PM, Mark Kelly said:

If Lamps likes strikers that can hold it up , surely , Giroud , the master of hold up play would start before Tammy who couldn't hold up his hand ?

Got to agree, he neither holds up or gambles on a run into a danger zone. He would never have made the movement Giroud did for the first against UTD

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

On Keepers, my hunch is that Caballero will drop to GK3 this summer and we will buy a mid-priced young but unproven alternative to Kepa and let them fight it out.

Save the money and promote Jamal Blackman

I can see why people might think Barkley will go and why some may want us to sell him, however, I genuinely think Frank sees something in him and seems to have a lot of trust in him recently. I think from midfield forward, our squad could look like this next season:

4-3-3

Havertz/Barkley - Kante/Kovacic/Gilmour - Mount/RLC/Kovacic

Ziyech/Willian/RLC - Werner/Giroud/Tammy - Pulisic/CHO/Werner

Which means, to go: Jorginho, Pedro (already sold) and Batshuayi.

I could maybe see CHO going out on loan, but we'd still have the option as Mount moving up to LW if needed.

If Willian leaves, which I don't think he will, I think we'd need another body in to cover RW2.

Rob B   

For those on here that don't use Twitter, Carefree Youth (Not to be confused with Chelsea Youth) has just tweeted the following:

image.png.03319ac4639e6e6da5b62c2c453bcbb8.png

I fully expect there to be a lot of scepticism on this, but I have generally found him to be bang on the money.  He's not your typical 'in the know' transfer account either, he has been the first to break injury and other non-transfer related news. 

Take it as you please though...

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

For those on here that don't use Twitter, Carefree Youth (Not to be confused with Chelsea Youth) has just tweeted the following:

image.png.03319ac4639e6e6da5b62c2c453bcbb8.png

I fully expect there to be a lot of scepticism on this, but I have generally found him to be bang on the money.  He's not your typical 'in the know' transfer account either, he has been the first to break injury and other non-transfer related news. 

Take it as you please though...

Suspect the transfer and subsequent announcement is based around CL qualification

Not to mention that Havertz, Ziyech, Mount and Pulisic could all play in a number of different positions of that front five as well. I see it being quite flexible. Most people I've seen doing their fantasy starting 11s on the basis that Havertz does sign have gone with a 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-2-1 Christmas Tree formation with Kanté as the DM and Havertz and Mount on either side as "8s". But I think it could be quite fluid and we'll see different formations. Many have suggested that Werner hasn't been as affective as a lone striker and works better playing with a taller number 9 type to win aerial duals and hold up play. That could be Giroud for sure. Not quite sure about Tammy. But I'm also intrigued about the possibility of Havertz playing that role. No, he's not a typical striker like Giroud but he has played as one for Leverkusen this season, he appears to be as close to a genuine all rounder as you can get and he is 6ft 2. 

Edited by Bridge Soldier