• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I can see why people might think Barkley will go and why some may want us to sell him, however, I genuinely think Frank sees something in him and seems to have a lot of trust in him recently. I think from midfield forward, our squad could look like this next season:

Not sure he has a lot of trust in him personally. 

he's played just over 1100 minutes in the league this season and scored one goal.

He just about makes the match day squad now but when everyone is fit and Werner, Ziyech and possibly Havertz are here he's got no chance.

Depending on who leaves he may make some appearances in the cup games but I can't see much more than that.

My assumption with CarefreeYouth was always that he just waited for the reliable journalists to break stuff (ie. Ornstein and Romano today) and then basically tweets reiterating what they've said and suggesting he's "known" that info for a while. Is that unfair?

Edited by Bridge Soldier
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

For those on here that don't use Twitter, Carefree Youth (Not to be confused with Chelsea Youth) has just tweeted the following:

image.png.03319ac4639e6e6da5b62c2c453bcbb8.png

I fully expect there to be a lot of scepticism on this, but I have generally found him to be bang on the money.  He's not your typical 'in the know' transfer account either, he has been the first to break injury and other non-transfer related news. 

Take it as you please though...

Got, Declan Rice written all over it. 

52 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Save the money and promote Jamal Blackman

I'd have no problem with that, though I should think Blackman who has only played 10 Div One  games in  2 years might think he needs to be playing elsewhere.  And we have extended Cabs contract to next year.

Really? Jamal Blackman is almost 27, has played 11 football matches in 2 years (2 at Championship level, 9 at League one level) and has had some very bad injuries. I liked the look of him years ago but I really don't think he should even be in the discussion to come in as competition for Kepa. Having him around wouldn't do anything to alleviate my worries about our goalkeeper situation.

We should buy Martinez from Arsenal, he's been fantastic when deputising for Leno. Miles better than anyone we have and he's desperate to be a success. Has the hunger! 

15 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Not to mention that Havertz, Ziyech, Mount and Pulisic could all play in a number of different positions of that front five as well. I see it being quite flexible

It will be very flexible with a lot of movement and covering for each others responsibilities.  It is the way the club wants to go as was clear when we hired Sarri and when Lampard copied the same style (which was actually easier without Hazard putting his foot on the ball).  Outside the back 4 and perhaps a DM positions won't matter.
We will be copying the  Pep style where I for one, don't really know who plays CM as they all look like AMs including the strikers and some FBs and Fernandinho is CB.

15 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Many have suggested that Werner hasn't been as affective as a lone striker and works better playing with a taller number 9 type to win aerial duals and hold up play. That could be Giroud for sure.

Nobody is making plans with a soon to be 34 striker.  He might have a back up role (like Drogba in 14/15) but he isn't the starting No 9 for next season.  That will be Tammy, or Werner, (or someone else).

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Got, Declan Rice written all over it. 

Dunno.  But Bats and Barkley have West Ham written all over them.  No fee though WHU  might want to imply a fee to make a Rice fee look bigger.

chelboy   
30 minutes ago, Rob B said:

For those on here that don't use Twitter, Carefree Youth (Not to be confused with Chelsea Youth) has just tweeted the following:

image.png.03319ac4639e6e6da5b62c2c453bcbb8.png

I fully expect there to be a lot of scepticism on this, but I have generally found him to be bang on the money.  He's not your typical 'in the know' transfer account either, he has been the first to break injury and other non-transfer related news. 

Take it as you please though...

Oh ,so maybe Barkley wasn’t injured. Carefree has been quite reliable in the past. I was just saying that Moyes was rumoured to be after Barkley again. I reckon it’s likely to be a swap for Rice. A 3 player swap is pretty rare though. 

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We should buy Martinez from Arsenal, he's been fantastic when deputising for Leno. Miles better than anyone we have and he's desperate to be a success. Has the hunger! 

I have been watching him since he came in. He looks too good to be a no.2. Looks very solid and confident. I do envy Arsenal in the GK department to be honest. Both GK’s I would take and they signed them combined for less than half of what we signed Kepa for....

Love the Ornstein piece getting so much traction despite the obvious 'but Havertz is waiting a bit to see what else might be on offer' get out clause that basically tells you everything you need to know about the author's confidence in their own story ...

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Dunno.  But Bats and Barkley have West Ham written all over them.  No fee though WHU  might want to imply a fee to make a Rice fee look bigger.

Any other club and the idea that they'd take on Michy's AND Ross's wages would be laughable. West Ham, I'd completely believe that they'd somehow agree to double them.