• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB   

Marc-Andre ter Stegen anyone?  He and Rudiger would understand each other.

paulw66   
22 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Linked with about 5 goalies this morning including him, Henderson and Areola. 

• Confused 1

chara   
4 hours ago, JaneB said:

Best CH I played behind,,and he was very good at the level we played...was Spanish (at Granada but didn;t make the cut.)...my Spanish was/is somewhat lazy and basic..he spoke no English but it was the easiest Central defender partnership I played in..and we didn't get on off the field..makes you think eh?

The media will link Chelsea with every keeper they can come up with but I think if there really is a "hunt" for a new keeper he was identified way back. 

Ake's going to City to be third/fourth choice according to City fans. Back up for Laporte whilst they still look to bring in a big money partner for him.

bert19   

So at the moment, it’s the three of Ziyech , Werner and Havertz coming in.

But we realistically need to add the following on top of that:

Goalkeeper

Centre-back

Centre-back

Left-back 

And then depending on sales & the injuries to Gilmour & Kanté, we may need a body in Centre-midfield too. 

Quite a lot of business to be cracking on with over the next few weeks. And that’s only focusing on those coming in. We need to work on 5 or 6 leaving as well.

37 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Goalkeeper

Centre-back

Centre-back

Left-back 

And then depending on sales & the injuries to Gilmour & Kanté, we may need a body in Centre-midfield too. 

Quite a lot of business to be cracking on with over the next few weeks. And that’s only focusing on those coming in. We need to work on 5 or 6 leaving as well.

I think that we need a defensive midfielder instead of one centre-back, but otherwise that looks good. Previously I thought that this amount of turnover would take at least 2 seasons, but this summer could be a chance to make a big leap forward, bringing seven new players into the squad.

bert19   
1 minute ago, chiswickblue said:

I think that we need a defensive midfielder instead of one centre-back, but otherwise that looks good. Previously I thought that this amount of turnover would take at least 2 seasons, but this summer could be a chance to make a big leap forward, bringing seven new players into the squad.

Agreed.  Seems we'll get few better opportunities to make big changes.  We've got senior players (Jorginho, Rudiger, Willian) that had a free hit this year.  A chance to show that they can step up to take responsibility and be leaders in the team and none of them have.  For me, you may as well move on from them now.  If they weren't up for it this year, they aren't going to be the players for a title challenge. 

I forgot to add: We need a defensive coach.  Someone to work with the team from CF - GK on defending as a unit and the responsibilities and effort level required from every single player on the pitch. 

That person clearly isn't on the staff at the moment.  I'd also question why when Cudicini & Lollichon still work at the club, Hilario is the goalkeeping coach? 

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

Goalkeeper

Centre-back

Centre-back

Left-back 

How has Marc Guehi got on at Swansea since his loan? And Connor Gallagher? I can't see us bringing that many players in but can see us giving up on some of the existing seniors and trying to move them on, so wondering if there is anyone else at a point where they can come through to the senior squad without wrecking their development. 

bert19   
13 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

How has Marc Guehi got on at Swansea since his loan? And Connor Gallagher? I can't see us bringing that many players in but can see us giving up on some of the existing seniors and trying to move them on, so wondering if there is anyone else at a point where they can come through to the senior squad without wrecking their development. 

Guehi's there until the end of next season I think? 

Not sure this is the time to bring another young CB in though, if he came in with this crop, it could finish him very quickly - need to find a couple of senior ones that can show some willingness to take responsibility for their duties first.  

If we brought two in and had New CB1, New CB2, Tomori and Zouma/Guehi, I'd be reasonably happy with that. 

Quite concerning that Zouma and Tomori are actually the best partnership we've established.  And they haven't played together since Hull. 

I'm at the end of my rope with Rudiger and Christensen though.  Can't see either ever upping their concentration or desire tbh. 

Rudiger's the senior CB at the club and he's not showing it at all.  He doesn't mark closely, he gets caught out of position too often, he doesn't organise and his concentration drifts. He's more than capable, he just isn't doing it regularly.  

Christensen is a lovely player, but he doesn't physically impose himself on the league and he's too reactive in trying to deal with danger, the only time I've seen him really be proactive was against City and that was probably more down to how they play, than how we set up to defend.  It just played to his strengths.  

Edited by bert19

My thoughts are we are selling Jorginho to Juventus and wish to replace him with Declan Rice , the Rice as CB notion is being led by the hapless press who don't appear to know anything about actual football or how football works , I expect we'll throw in Michy to sweeten the deal and maybe even Barkley but I cannot see that personally.

75% of our problems in defending will be nipped in the bud by playing Rice there as a proper , robust , shield who can pass and run and put his foot in as opposed to one of the three we see at the moment.

I think bizarrely Lamps rates Christensen but I personally think although he's nominally good on the ball he's physically weak and suspect mentally in as much as he hasn't got that X factor to push on and make something of himself , so I expect we'll be buying a competent Centre half to replace him and will in all likelihood sell Christensen abroad , somewhere he can defend without actually having to interact with anyone , bless him. Maybe Moyes would have him , he's an idiot.

Goalkeeper , we simply have to buy a more commanding goalkeeper , Kepa is shot his fragile confidence is shattered and we will end up with the new Loric Karius on our hands if we aren't careful , ideally we can send him back to Spain on loan if we cannot sell him and he can be adequately replaced and improved upon by almost any first or second choice Goalkeeper in the Premier League , personally I'd bid for Martinez at Arsenal or , if their Saudi adventure stalls again , Dubravka at Newcastle .