• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

James is one of the best crossers in the game but he has started to hesitate and if the best crosser is not doing it the strikers stop making movement. We have lots of attacking players so why aren't we getting the ball into dangerous areas.  We need to change our mindset and get it in there to make our possession count and then we need to start buying defenders, I understand Frank has had to manage with what he has but the window opens next week so if he doesnt get some defenders and a keeper in quick I will have have to start wondering if he has any idea whats going on. Who he buys for me is his make or break moment.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

Rudiger's the senior CB at the club and he's not showing it at all.  He doesn't mark closely, he gets caught out of position too often, he doesn't organise and his concentration drifts. He's more than capable, he just isn't doing it regularly.  

Rudiger is the most frustrating. He should be the dominant one, taking charge. He just doesn't and he strikes me as being a bit thick (in football terms)

I don't think we need to buy 2 CBs........1 would do, as I'd be happy with any of ours as no.2 next to a commanding partner. 

kratos   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Rudiger is the most frustrating. He should be the dominant one, taking charge. He just doesn't and he strikes me as being a bit thick (in football terms)

I don't think we need to buy 2 CBs........1 would do, as I'd be happy with any of ours as no.2 next to a commanding partner. 

Agree with you Paul.

I don't know what Tomori has done for Frank to not use him, granted he was injured but he is fit now.

Our other CBs are all a mess and none of them look capable of stepping up when the chips are down.

I have seen alot of people saying it's either kepa's or the defense's fault but I'm of the mind that as a unit they either succeed together or fail.

I have mentioned before that Kepa is not a bad keeper in my opinion but is simply not suited to the premier league. Plus his confidence is gone.

kratos   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

This graphic says it all. 

Get big Sam here solely to do set pieces. 

corners.PNG

You might be able to get him if you have a brown envelope in your hand 🤣

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

corners.PNG

thats shocking and our solution so far seems to be buy attacking players. Hope we have a few quiet deals lined up for defenders.

13 minutes ago, kratos said:

Agree with you Paul.

I don't know what Tomori has done for Frank to not use him, granted he was injured but he is fit now.

Our other CBs are all a mess and none of them look capable of stepping up when the chips are down.

I have seen alot of people saying it's either kepa's or the defense's fault but I'm of the mind that as a unit they either succeed together or fail.

I have mentioned before that Kepa is not a bad keeper in my opinion but is simply not suited to the premier league. Plus his confidence is gone.

Tomori, he must have said something as his performances were certainly no worse than those we are relying on. Zouma...really?

JaneB   
2 hours ago, bert19 said:

Agreed.  Seems we'll get few better opportunities to make big changes.  We've got senior players (Jorginho, Rudiger, Willian) that had a free hit this year.  A chance to show that they can step up to take responsibility and be leaders in the team and none of them have.  For me, you may as well move on from them now.  If they weren't up for it this year, they aren't going to be the players for a title challenge. 

I forgot to add: We need a defensive coach.  Someone to work with the team from CF - GK on defending as a unit and the responsibilities and effort level required from every single player on the pitch. 

That person clearly isn't on the staff at the moment.  I'd also question why when Cudicini & Lollichon still work at the club, Hilario is the goalkeeping coach? 

It's all Courtois's fault!!  Didn't he refuse to work with Lollichon who then got demoted to a more admin role at the club.  Cudicini is listed as a club ambassador and loan player technical coach.  

We do seem to employ an awful lot of ex-players which is nice in one way, but sometimes you have to question whether it's "jobs for the boys" and how good they are.

I thought Lollichon was viewed as a top GK coach held in high regard, and he didn't do too badly with Petr Cech!!  I would have told Chelsea where to stick their job if I'd been him.

JaneB   
27 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Tomori, he must have said something as his performances were certainly no worse than those we are relying on. Zouma...really?

An excellent prospect and a very impressive young man.  Not the sort to rock the boat either I wouldn't have thought.  Hope he's back soon.  

50 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

corners.PNG

Jesus.

No need to practice corners in training though, eh Frank. 

Thing is, for all we talk about wanting new CBs or signing a keeper, the truth is we have almost no idea at all what the defensive unit we have is actually capable of. Absolutely no clue what their ceiling is. Maybe their individual abilities mean that the best they could do isn't really much better than what we've seen, but until they are being properly drilled and coached, who knows.

Beginning to think the most important summer deal is someone in Frank's staff out and someone not in his preferred circle who might challenge and focus on the fundamentals in. It isn't always helpful to have only people you know, trust and have the same ideas as you as your go-to.

Edited by thevelourfog