• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

We have had many a debate about this. First, second, third choice but still his choice, maybe..

However

Moses, Young and Sanchez.........

 

  1 hour ago, Never happy said:

How many times has the coach/manager asked for a player only to be over ruled and given a cheaper alternative?

 

 

I was responding directly to this ☝️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

However

Moses, Young and Sanchez.........

 

Sounds bad for us remembering them when they were last playing in the prem, but actually those three have been quite astute business.

Moses is on loan and has done pretty well, not amazing but decent.

Young signed for nothing and has 5 goals and 5 assists, played nearly every game.

Sanchez on loan and wages of £80k a week, then signed for free and reported to be paid less than half what he earned at united. Apparently been their best player since the restart.

Then there's Lukaku having his best ever season. Eriksen signed for I think it was £25m...

The problem with the players signed while Conte was here is that we grossly overpaid for them, something I'm guessing the manager doesn't control. Also on numerous occasions paying inflated prices because we sold before we bought and were desperate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

We have had many a debate about this. First, second, third choice but still his choice, maybe..

However

Moses, Young and Sanchez.........

 

Just 3 out of one league  is not enough for these guys.  Add Lukaku & Erikssen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Sounds bad for us remembering them when they were last playing in the prem, but actually those three have been quite astute business.

Moses is on loan and has done pretty well, not amazing but decent.

Young signed for nothing and has 5 goals and 5 assists, played nearly every game.

Sanchez on loan and wages of £80k a week, then signed for free and reported to be paid less than half what he earned at united. Apparently been their best player since the restart.

Then there's Lukaku having his best ever season. Eriksen signed for I think it was £25m...

Maybe, I'm not sure. Tried watching them early in the season and fell asleep, checked every now and then on the league table and saw them always playing second fiddle.

35 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The problem with the players signed while Conte was here is that we grossly overpaid for them, something I'm guessing the manager doesn't control. Also on numerous occasions paying inflated prices because we sold before we bought and were desperate

Yeah, not his fault the prices we paid to be fair, can only imagine his reaction when he's told he might not be able to sign a player due to the fee though, probably scared Marina into the worst period of business we have ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The problem with the players signed while Conte was here is that we grossly overpaid for them, something I'm guessing the manager doesn't control. Also on numerous occasions paying inflated prices because we sold before we bought and were desperate

18 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yeah, not his fault the prices we paid to be fair, can only imagine his reaction when he's told he might not be able to sign a player due to the fee though, probably scared Marina into the worst period of business we have ever seen.

Grossly overpaying I reckon is evidence that the manager is insisting on the transfer, not the scouts.  You overpay for that last piece of the puzzle necessary for the managers blueprint, not for players the scouts think are good value.

As for Conte vs Marina.  My guess is that the conversation was extremely limited, with Conte making demands but not discussing them.  That is the kind of disorganised mess that might lead to our transfers in that period.  No other manager seems to have fallen out with the board, even when sacked.
Luckily Conte did not last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ham said:

Conte says hi. 

Conte/Inter is building a prem league team, must be his choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just 3 out of one league  is not enough for these guys.  Add Lukaku & Erikssen.

Reports say he never wanted Erikssen but don't let that stop the fantasy express

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Sounds bad for us remembering them when they were last playing in the prem, but actually those three have been quite astute business.

My guess is that those three players (never mind Lukaku and Eriksen) are very expensive by Inter's and Italy's recent standards. Which isn't to say they're bad deals at all, more that 'astute' may be a little too much regard. I wonder what the Inter board would have expected this season in return for the money they've laid out on players Conte wanted. Maybe they're happy, maybe not. 

Conte going to Italy and asking for Ashley Young makes the idea of Conte going to England and asking for Davide Zappacosta all the more believable imo. Especially given the idea that Chelsea FC wanted David Zappacosta (or even knew who he was) is far fetched on its own grounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Reports say he never wanted Erikssen but don't let that stop the fantasy express

I wonder who it is who constantly briefs the press that Conte doesn't want the players he's given? Who could possibly stand to gain from that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
34 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I wonder who it is who constantly briefs the press that Conte doesn't want the players he's given? Who could possibly stand to gain from that?

Quite.

What happened to Chelsea in 2017/18 is now happening at Inter, despite them outspending everyone else in Italy. One common denominator here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now