• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

45 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I wonder who it is who constantly briefs the press that Conte doesn't want the players he's given? Who could possibly stand to gain from that?

I'm beginning to think it's DWMH

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Quite.

What happened to Chelsea in 2017/18 is now happening at Inter, despite them outspending everyone else in Italy. One common denominator here. 

Agreed. Conte is very, very underwhelming in the transfer market. 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Agreed. Conte is very, very underwhelming in the transfer market. 

He is obviously a very difficult person to manage. 

• Haha 1

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Never happy said:

How many times has the coach/manager asked for a player only to be over ruled and given a cheaper alternative?

Many times. 

Same at every club in the world. 

Nobody gets their first choice every time. I remember reading that Klopp wasn't convinced about Salah but the Liverpool scout / board insisted. 

For the Jorginho haters, not sure Declan Rice is the answer to any questions. A bit like Dier he looks like a CB in midfield however with his lack of experience at the back I doubt he's an upgrade there either. These stats back up the eye test thats he's a decent shield but certainly no world class DM and I can't see him having the quality on the ball to be a long-term success. I'm certainly hoping that the Sarri exit will mean we get to keep Jorginho another year. Would love to see him surrounded by quality forwards on his wavelength. A goalkeeper, defensive coach and if there's any spare change, a left back should be the priorities this summer. 

20200813_111504.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

I'm certainly hoping that the Sarri exit will mean we get to keep Jorginho another year.

Me too.  And it explains the strange Jorginho no play, always play switch by Lampard and the timing matches with the Pirlo U23 appointment too.

Not sure about Rice - I don't know how people have time to watch much football other than Chelsea, let alone other leagues.  But I am not much bothered about whether he can play CM and DM.
It seems to me that modern football is all about WBs 2 big CBs and a big DM as standard.  (Matic or Mikel).
Ball playing CB3 (Luiz) is just a minor modification.  ie Big DM ≈ 3rd CB
As are CBs that regularly join midfield or overlap WBs (Azpi/Sheff Utd)

The genuinely alternative tactics are 2CBs and a small playmaker/DM (Sarri/Jorginho)
Or 3CBs and big DM (Conte/Matic).

chelboy   
46 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

For the Jorginho haters, not sure Declan Rice is the answer to any questions. A bit like Dier he looks like a CB in midfield however with his lack of experience at the back I doubt he's an upgrade there either. These stats back up the eye test thats he's a decent shield but certainly no world class DM and I can't see him having the quality on the ball to be a long-term success. I'm certainly hoping that the Sarri exit will mean we get to keep Jorginho another year. Would love to see him surrounded by quality forwards on his wavelength. A goalkeeper, defensive coach and if there's any spare change, a left back should be the priorities this summer. 

20200813_111504.jpg

Comparing DM’s that play in completely different systems and opposite ends of the table. What’s been clear for a while now is Jorginho needs protection as a DM. If he is playing beside two other Dm’s such as Kante and Kova he tends to look more comfortable and plays well. If he has attacking minded midfielders playing with him he gets heavily exposed. Unless we go back to a similar Sarri system with 3 DM’s I don’t see much use of Jorginho. Possibly he could play in a 442 diamond if we play that. 

46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Me too.  And it explains the strange Jorginho no play, always play switch by Lampard and the timing matches with the Pirlo U23 appointment too.

Not sure about Rice - I don't know how people have time to watch much football other than Chelsea, let alone other leagues.  But I am not much bothered about whether he can play CM and DM.
It seems to me that modern football is all about WBs 2 big CBs and a big DM as standard.  (Matic or Mikel).
Ball playing CB3 (Luiz) is just a minor modification.  ie Big DM ≈ 3rd CB
As are CBs that regularly join midfield or overlap WBs (Azpi/Sheff Utd)

The genuinely alternative tactics are 2CBs and a small playmaker/DM (Sarri/Jorginho)
Or 3CBs and big DM (Conte/Matic).

You can also look at Fabinho, Fernandinho, Casemeiro as destroyers in the DM role. My concern is that all of these players including Matic and Mikel are more technically proficient than anything I've seen of Rice. If you have aspirations to be the best you might not need a Jorginho style playmaker but I do think that DM needs to be very comfortable in possession. In modern football you often see DMs drop to CB to improve the teams ability to pass out from the back but I can't think of too many recent examples of big CBs sitting in midfield at the elite level. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Another day by the riverbank 

Sarri was at the helm of Juventus when Frank started to play Jorginho. I doubt it had anything to do with Frank trying to sure up a top 4 finish?