• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

This bloke is generally reliable. 

(Simon Phillips, I mean, not necessarily Chilwell)

Saw somewhere that Chilwell had apparently emptied his locker at  Leicester's training ground.

3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Saw somewhere that Chilwell had apparently emptied his locker at  Leicester's training ground.

Yep, apparently locker cleared and I also heard he’s told close friends and family the move is happening.

All roads point to Chillwell at this stage.

kratos   
14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, apparently locker cleared and I also heard he’s told close friends and family the move is happening.

All roads point to Chillwell at this stage.

Or maybe Mr Chilwell decided his locker needed a good clean 🤔 

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

Interested to know what others think about the age of the players we’ve signed or are being heavily linked with. 

Werner is 24, Havertz 21, Chilwell 23, Declan Rice 21 which clearly all make great business sense,  but we’ve already lost Pedro and Willian, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jorginho leave too.   Add those to the likes of Pulisic, James and Mount who’ll remain key players for us next year, and we could have the youngest team in Europe. 

Looking more like the ethos used by RB Leipzig

Most people really aren't happy about this Chilwell news, are they? My God. Twitter is Twitter but the level of vitriol directed towards him before he's even signed is something else.

Honestly, I can't say I've watched him consistently or closely enough to really know whether or not he's better or worse than Reguilón or Tagliafico or whoever. I suspect that is also true of many people, even if they won't admit it. He looked very good when I watched him in 18/19. Less so last season after the restart.

The fee does look big and yes, him being English is part of that. But he's also the only option that plays in the Premier League (well, there's Digne but I suspect his fee would be huge as well). Lamps has clearly identified him as his number one target and if the club can afford to pay the fee, then I guess they should do it. People also ignore certain things we as fans are not privy too when looking at transfer targets - such as the personality, worth ethic, etc. of the player. Tagliafico and Telles play in the Dutch and Portuguese respectively and are almost 28. It makes sense that their fees would be lower.

I would like to hear from some people that have watched a lot of Ben Chilwell and actually think he's the right choice for us. I've seen wildly contrasting opinions on his defensive ability, attacking ability and pace so far, for example.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

kratos   
1 minute ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Most people really aren't happy about this Chilwell news, are they? My God. Twitter is Twitter but the level of vitriol directed towards him before he's even signed is something else.

Honestly, I can't say I've watched him consistently or closely enough to really know whether or not he's better or worse than Reguilón or Tagliafico or whoever. I suspect that is also true of many people, even if they won't admit it. 

The fee does look big and yes, him being English is part of that. But he's also the only option that plays in the Premier League (well, there's Digne but I suspect his fee would be huge as well). Lamps has clearly identified him as his number one target and if the club can afford to pay the fee, then I guess they should do it. People also ignore certain things we as fans are not privy too when looking at transfer targets - such as the personality, worth ethic, etc. of the player. 

I would like to hear from some people that have watched a lot of Ben Chilwell and actually think he's the right choice for us. 

I guess most of all it's Frank's choice of who he likes for the position. He's said we are too quiet as a collective, maybe Chilwell would one who is more vocal.

JaneB   
Ham   
6 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Honestly, I can't say I've watched him consistently or closely enough to really know whether or not he's better or worse than Reguilón or Tagliafico or whoever. I suspect that is also true of many people, even if they won't admit it. He looked very good when I watched him in 18/19. Less so last season after the restart.

The fee does look big and yes, him being English is part of that. But he's also the only option that plays in the Premier League (well, there's Digne but I suspect his fee would be huge as well). Lamps has clearly identified him as his number one target and if the club can afford to pay the fee, then I guess they should do it. People also ignore certain things we as fans are not privy too when looking at transfer targets - such as the personality, worth ethic, etc. of the player. Tagliafico and Telles play in the Dutch and Portuguese respectively and are almost 28. It makes sense that their fees would be lower.

I would like to hear from some people that have watched a lot of Ben Chilwell and actually think he's the right choice for us. I've seen wildly contrasting opinions on his defensive ability, attacking ability and pace so far, for example.

To be fair, the only criticism I'm seeing from Chelsea fans relates to the fee, not the player.