• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Some context, 7 of that list are still here and are contributing.

5 of those 7 are 26 and under, and you would expect in most cases to improve over time.

Then there is Jorginho, who divides opinion (not going over this again) and Kepa, a disaster

Of the remaining 3, we got a chunk of money back on Morata, Baka was a disaster and Torres.......was, well, Torres. 

Whilst I've criticised Kepa and Jorginho, the ideal scenario for me is that both become successes with us long term. I might lose it over certain players in the MDT but will always, in reality, favour the expensive purchases coming good. 

On Baka I wonder if TT has any plans for him.  Physically he looks built for the prem but I think his weakness was psychological. He was really good for us at the beginning and so he can do it. Ask Atleti. 

On Torres, and despite everything, that goal was worth £50m for sheer joy. 

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

On Baka I wonder if TT has any plans for him.  Physically he looks built for the prem but I think his weakness was psychological. He was really good for us at the beginning and so he can do it. Ask Atleti. 

He'll be a great CB for someone one day.  But like Zouma, not for a top team that has 60%+ possession in most games.

Bison   
23 minutes ago, Ham said:

Whilst I've criticised Kepa and Jorginho, the ideal scenario for me is that both become successes with us long term. I might lose it over certain players in the MDT but will always, in reality, favour the expensive purchases coming good. 

On Torres, and despite everything, that goal was worth £50m for sheer joy. 

It was more technique imo (couldn't pass or control the ball). I've read he's doing  well in Italy and maybe the slower, less dynamic league suits players who aren't good under pressure.

29 minutes ago, Bison said:

It was more technique imo (couldn't pass or control the ball). I've read he's doing  well in Italy and maybe the slower, less dynamic league suits players who aren't good under pressure.

He hasn't really, Napoli dropped him for Jan. He played in the last game but the rumours are they will not be taking his buyout or thinking of loaning him again. 

As for the player himself, he is the prime example of buying a player for what you think he should be by looking at him. Once we were linked with him I was very vocal on here about him not being good enough and owing his living to Fabinho. 

20 minutes ago, King Kante said:

He hasn't really, Napoli dropped him for Jan. He played in the last game but the rumours are they will not be taking his buyout or thinking of loaning him again. 

As for the player himself, he is the prime example of buying a player for what you think he should be by looking at him. Once we were linked with him I was very vocal on here about him not being good enough and owing his living to Fabinho. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tiemoue-bakayoko/leistungsdaten/spieler/182618

It's the 2nd or 3rd time I have seen you claim that baka has been dropped by Napoli. Now I don't follow Napoli religiously or even watch their games but I do follow the scores and team sheets.

Since Jan, he has played:

87min against Cagliari

76min against spezia

90min against Udinese

90min against Fiorentina

20min against parma

11min against Genoa

90min against Juve

The only 2 games that he actually did not start in the serieA were parma and Genoa and simply because Napoli rested him for the Copa Italia double legged games against Atlanta on 3rd Feb and 10th Feb (parma and Genoa were on 31st Jan and 6th Feb respectively). 

So am I missing something here? Or are you simply trying to downplay baka who really seems to be doing well. He did so at Monaco (both times, pre and post us), ac milan and now Napoli. 

Edited by didierforever

13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

That is what I would leak if I were Napoli and thinking of buying him.
Or what I would leak if I were Baka's agent and looking to cut a different deal where I got a share for fixing it.

Most rumours are best ignored, especially when they conflict with manager selections.

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tiemoue-bakayoko/leistungsdaten/spieler/182618

It's the 2nd or 3rd time I have seen you claim that baka has been dropped by Napoli. Now I don't follow Napoli religiously or even watch their games but I do follow the scores and team sheets.

Since Jan, he has played:

87min against Cagliari

76min against spezia

90min against Udinese

90min against Fiorentina

20min against parma

11min against Genoa

90min against Juve

The only 2 games that he actually did not start in the serieA were parma and Genoa and simply because Napoli rested him for the Copa Italia double legged games against Atlanta on 3rd Feb and 10th Feb (parma and Genoa were on 31st Jan and 6th Feb respectively). 

So am I missing something here? Or are you simply trying to downplay baka who really seems to be doing well. He did so at Monaco (both times, pre and post us), ac milan and now Napoli. 

Yeah, I have just checked and you're right. He has been playing, I got told he had been dropped by a friend of mine and took it at face value. My mistake, I hold my hands up. 

As for Baka himself, he really isn't that great of a player, or at least what I saw of him at Monaco and here. I watched a lot of that Monaco side and knew he would be a horrific buy as I saw Fabinho was essentially mopping up for him. 

Let's see what happens with him. Hopefully we get something back. 

Great clearance by Werner , really kept things level .

Ok wrong end but it's a start .

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I have just checked and you're right. He has been playing, I got told he had been dropped by a friend of mine and took it at face value. My mistake, I hold my hands up. 

As for Baka himself, he really isn't that great of a player, or at least what I saw of him at Monaco and here. I watched a lot of that Monaco side and knew he would be a horrific buy as I saw Fabinho was essentially mopping up for him. 

Let's see what happens with him. Hopefully we get something back. 

Fair enough mate.

What I have seen of him, he seems a bad fit for PL. He is not THAT good on the ball, but for a slower paced league like Serie A, he would be a good/great buy. I mean I follow Milan quite a lot and there are times in the game, where the ball is just aimlessly played between the CBs with the opposition team not pressing and with both teams playing it as if it was a truce. I feel the pace is a lot slower, far less pressure on the ball and hence he abilities of ball winning in the own half, being a far better attribute to have. 

Irrespective, dont think he is the player for us or for TT. We should be looking to get a decent fee out of him (20-25m euros), selling off Kante (got nothing against our wee baldy man, but just think he simply does not have good enough chemistry with either Kova or Jorgi to play in the double pivot, and with him being 30, his physical attributes will start to diminish, so its time to cash in on him) and getting someone of Rice's quality.

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

Rice's quality.

That ship sailed when Frank left the building