• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham    833
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I am not being funny but when we were linked to Kun we had a seperate thread (in the days were we had seperate threads for each transfer) that if memory serves me right was 500+ pages on just him. 

I agree with you, Kun was heavily linked over a number of years prior to his City transfer and most posters wanted him here. In fact, I would say that more people wanted him that Torres and that his links to us were over a much greater period than those with Torres. 

Of course, we will never know if we ever made a bid but our links to him covered a number of years and were discussed heavily on this forum, with the vast majority being in favour of the transfer. 

This is certainly my recollection. We were heavily linked with Aguero over a long period of time. 

The vast majority, including myself, desperately wanted him here. 

By comparison the Torres thing crept up on us leading up to the January window. It came out of leftfield. 

The_Ghost    167
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I am not being funny but when we were linked to Kun we had a seperate thread (in the days were we had seperate threads for each transfer) that if memory serves me right was 500+ pages on just him. 

I agree with you, Kun was heavily linked over a number of years prior to his City transfer and most posters wanted him here. In fact, I would say that more people wanted him that Torres and that his links to us were over a much greater period than those with Torres. 

Of course, we will never know if we ever made a bid but our links to him covered a number of years and were discussed heavily on this forum, with the vast majority being in favour of the transfer. 

Exactly what I meant. Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

What is it with you? No, it doesn't mean either of your ridiculous contrivances. You're wasting time - yours and mine. Now get over it, and move on, for goodness sake .

What is it with me? Nothing, other than me being confused by your posts it seems. You said Droy wasn’t wrong, I maintain he is. What specifically isn’t he wrong about? If you reply to me saying he isn’t wrong, it must mean you disagree with me. So what is it you disagree with? Either you know what you respond to and can explain, or you retort to some “what’s wrong with you” type comment. 

I stated that we were heavily linked for years, that many Chelsea fans really wanted Aguero here at the time and that it wouldn’t have taken a genius to want him over Torres. If you don’t disagree with any of this, why do you write a post stating you are?

King Kante got it on his first try. 

Mark Kelly    927
1 hour ago, Ham said:

By comparison the Torres thing crept up on us leading up to the January window. It came out of leftfield. 

Exactly , it was a Jim Burgundy orgasmafest.

Nobody on here had the first clue it was happening until it happened .

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

so I guess it must have been a really sudden last moment decision by RA then.

Mark Kelly    927
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

so I guess it must have been a really sudden last moment decision by RA then.

I expect he was the next option on a list the first option being too expensive. 

I hope you're not going to pretend you saw it coming as it caught everyone here on the hop. 

26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect he was the next option on a list the first option being too expensive. 

I hope you're not going to pretend you saw it coming as it caught everyone here on the hop. 

No  - what I reckon is that when Liverpool leak that they have rejected a bid on Jan 27th it might look that way.  But when we learn on Jan 31st that Liverpool have bought both Suarez and Carroll, pretty much anyone can see the the  Chelsea Torres bid had been in the works for some time, and that Liverpool held it up while they were getting their replacements.

Pretty sure that Torres was more expensive than Aguero, and he was bought 6 month before Aguero moved.

One of those - do you adjust your interpretation with the benefit of hindsight, or do you just double down on what you thought before - things.

thevelourfog    223
4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I recall us being linked in the summer, and vaguely recall Torres has said bids were made and rejected at that time despite him asking they be listened to.

Again, means little in terms of what actually happened.

Ham    833

😅

On 27/02/2021 at 11:56 AM, Ham said:

😅

I think Tammy is seriously underrated but would still welcome Haaland because he looks like a very good player already. Playing for Chelsea will always mean strong competition, if you're Lampard, Drogba, Willian, Ivanovic that just means you step up a level to keep your spot. Salah, KDB, Lukaku, ect weren't ready to fight at that point of their careers. Not saying Tammy is at that level but he's been given, and will continue to get chances. It's up to him if he nails down his place, I expect he'll continue to be a key member of our squad for the foreseeable future. 

Jasonb    34
2 minutes ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

I think Tammy is seriously underrated but would still welcome Haaland because he looks like a very good player already. Playing for Chelsea will always mean strong competition, if you're Lampard, Drogba, Willian, Ivanovic that just means you step up a level to keep your spot. Salah, KDB, Lukaku, ect weren't ready to fight at that point of their careers. Not saying Tammy is at that level but he's been given, and will continue to get chances. It's up to him if he nails down his place, I expect he'll continue to be a key member of our squad for the foreseeable future. 

Let's hope should we be bold enough to  buy Haaland we similarly invest in a decent creative midfielder to find him on the pitch.

It would be typical of us to buy a top striker and to having him make great runs which none of our players see or are precise enough to lay the ball into his path.

And then there is another point if we invest in the creative player would we not also want a better defensive midfielder too.

Fun and games ahead though probably more like head scratching and panic buys.