• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

He is definitely not a false 9 and never heard of a LWF.

he's a striker, spent the vast majority of his career playing there and scored shed loads of goals, really can't get my head around people still arguing this.

Looked like a genuine No 9 last night, that's for sure.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Looked like a genuine No 9 last night, that's for sure.

Well yes, and thats what he is and always has been.

I can't say it enough, clearly as no one listens, I watched him loads and loads at Leipzig. He hardly ever played on the left, yes he drifts out wide, much like Henry used to and various other strikers but he always started up front, through the middle, albeit a lot of the time in a 2 rather than on his own.

I think we will see more and more of what we saw last night.

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I can't say it enough, clearly as no one listens, I watched him loads and loads at Leipzig.

I think everyone who listens, listens

I thought that was his best game for us , we used him properly for a change. 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Well yes, and thats what he is and always has been.

I can't say it enough, clearly as no one listens, I watched him loads and loads at Leipzig. He hardly ever played on the left, yes he drifts out wide, much like Henry used to and various other strikers but he always started up front, through the middle, albeit a lot of the time in a 2 rather than on his own.

I think we will see more and more of what we saw last night.

Think you've answered the main question here without knowing it. 

He isn't a striker, he's a left sided forward player and that's where he has produced his best football for Leipzig. That's not the same as saying he is a left winger. But I never made that claim either and it seems we agree but you seem to get stuck in the striker vs. left wing taxonomy where he is something in between in reality. 

22 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Think you've answered the main question here without knowing it. 

He isn't a striker, he's a left sided forward player and that's where he has produced his best football for Leipzig. That's not the same as saying he is a left winger. But I never made that claim either and it seems we agree but you seem to get stuck in the striker vs. left wing taxonomy where he is something in between in reality. 

Nope.

I have watched him, countless times. He is quite clearly a striker. He did not play on the left  he did not start on the left, not very often anyway. He played upfront, through the middle and drifted wide, like an awful lot of strikers do.

Literally the best example, not in terms of style, ability, or stature, but in the way they both drifted out wide is Henry and I have never heard him described as anything but an out an out striker.

Bison   

Werner played well last night and deserves praise for his performance.

Question: how often will we play against a team that plays such a ludicrous high line? No more than a couple of games a season I would imagine.

The big criticism of Werner is he lacks the technical skills (first touch, close control etc) to make an impact in tight games. Last night's performance was good but he still has clear weaknesses that need massive improvement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I have watched him, countless times. He is quite clearly a striker. He did not play on the left  he did not start on the left, not very often anyway. He played upfront, through the middle and drifted wide, like an awful lot of strikers do.

Literally the best example, not in terms of style, ability, or stature, but in the way they both drifted out wide is Henry and I have never heard him described as anything but an out an out striker.

or Vardy?

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Nope.

Come on. 

You are quite simply wrong. Just look up a heat map over how his movement was at Leipzig. I think one was posted in the Timo Werner thread. It’s not even a debate, he was predominantly playing as a left-sided inside forward. 

Tuchel agrees and uses him there as well. 

You can repeat that you’ve seen him play until you fall off your chair.  It doesn’t change the facts. 

Edit: found it -> https://m.imgur.com/r/chelseafc/yUEm6xk

Edited by The_Ghost

7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Come on. 

You are quite simply wrong. Just look up a heat map over how his movement was at Leipzig. I think one was posted in the Timo Werner thread. It’s not even a debate, he was predominantly playing as a left-sided inside forward. 

Tuchel agrees and uses him there as well. 

You can repeat that you’ve seen him play until you fall off your chair.  It doesn’t change the facts. 

Edit: found it -> https://m.imgur.com/r/chelseafc/yUEm6xk

Thank you, just goes to prove what I have been saying.