• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Precisely

Again, this makes perfect sense from a business standpoint, right? When you are lacking players, get some 30+ injury prone players as reinforcements 😂 who take the field for 1800 odd minutes in span of 2 years combined.

Can't wait to read what the next excuse would be. Specially when some of them have been downright hilarious like the "these were last minute signings". 

Edited by didierforever

paulw66   
2 hours ago, didierforever said:

Can't wait to read what the next excuse would be. Specially when some of them have been downright hilarious like the "these were last minute signings". 

Odd use of inverted commas. Nobody said they were last minute signings. Nobody.

21 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you'll find they were all last minute signings because we couldn't get what we wanted.  Short term gambles in a time of crisis.

@paulw66

Are you sure about "Nobody". Still think those were an odd use of inverted commas.

Normally, I would not be so sarcastic (believe me), but some of the reasonings being thrown out there have been so weird, that a person has to deal with it accordingly.

Edited by didierforever

paulw66   
Just now, didierforever said:

@paulw66

If you say so. Still think those were an odd use of inverted commas

Apologies. Missed that. 

Still agree with the point. They were sticky plaster loan signings. 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Apologies. Missed that. 

Still agree with the point. They were sticky plaster loan signings. 

Which is fair. People will have different opinions on the same situation. But most of them have a decently valid set of points backing those opinions. 

The quote (/poster) in question generally feels like is gas-lighting. Hence the remarks.

I hope we dont touch Haaland, Raiolas latest meal ticket. Let someone else bankrupt themselves.

paulw66   
On 09/04/2021 at 11:44 AM, Mark Kelly said:

Personally , whilst I hear your arguments and accept them , it's a no for me , he's the worst kind of cheat and I think he's been played into the ground and will continue to be so by the national team every chance they get , he's starting to get injured more and he's got about two years left in him . Lastly it's Spurs , I wouldn't want to be the team that gets them out of hock on the stadium , particularly when we haven't got a nice shiny new one and in particular I wouldn't give Levy the steam off my p*ss. 

On 09/04/2021 at 2:06 PM, King Kante said:

Cannot see the club dropping £120m+ with minimum of £250k wages per week for 5 years on a 28 year old striker. It is a completely sunk cost. Furthermore, he doesn't have the greatest injury record. 

If we're going for a PL striker DCL is more likely imo. 

Absurd tonight. Two half chances, ping. Net bulges.

Ham   
44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

And then on cue, injured. 

2021 Kane in a nutshell. 

53 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

And then on cue, injured. 

Well this is an issue with him that is only going to get worse as he gets older. Don't get me wrong, great striker, but one with a reoccurring injury problem (ankle) and not in the age demographic we drop money on. 

Signing him aside, I don't think tonight's injury is a major one. 

Edited by King Kante