• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I wouldnt go anywhere near Harry Kane for multiple reasons but the man is sheer class, as a footballer.

He will, without question, look back at his career and think what might have been. A player of his quality should have been playing for the absolute elite, winning major trophies every year and competing for the Ballon d'Or, he should be remembered as one of the greatest players of his generation yet he wont be remembered by anyone other than a few Tottenham fans.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I wouldnt go anywhere near Harry Kane for multiple reasons but the man is sheer class, as a footballer.

He will, without question, look back at his career and think what might have been. A player of his quality should have been playing for the absolute elite, winning major trophies every year and competing for the Ballon d'Or, he should be remembered as one of the greatest players of his generation yet he wont be remembered by anyone other than a few Tottenham fans.

To be fair, if I were able to play for Chelsea and we were at  the level of Spuds, I would prefer a career at Chelsea than move to another club.

12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

And then on cue, injured. 

His talent is evident , so is his injury record but to be honest my opposition was really based on over paying on him purely to pay off a chunk of their stadium debt .

Let what happened to us with the stand in the 70's happen to them .

bert19   
On 4/17/2021 at 9:40 AM, Martin1905 said:

It’s quite interesting. If he stays at Spurs, he could end up as the all-time highest goalscorer in the Premier League. He’ll likely end up doing the same thing for England (whilst likely never scoring against anyone any good at a tournament). 

And he could very well achieve both without winning a single trophy for his club. That’s quite something.

Jasonb   

Kane will most likley break England scoring records too, the treatment of their top players will I feel put off a number of top talents going there. 

Expect discontent there this summer following their meek cup exit.

Edited by Jasonb

Kezza   

While every club fight for Haaland I think we'd be better off pursuing Kane. Also Son to replace one of Ziyech or Werner.

Bison   

I'd want somebody who has more pace than Kane. He is slowing down already and those injuries will continue to take their toll on his mobility in the next 2-3 years.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

While every club fight for Haaland I think we'd be better off pursuing Kane. Also Son to replace one of Ziyech or Werner.

Son........not for me. 29 in the summer, and not the right age bracket versus what he would cost.

Sciatika   

Talking to a Spurs ST yesterday and he said he thought that 'in the next couple of years, Spurs need to be looking for a rebuild upfront'. He thought neither Kane nor Son were the players they were even a year ago. Mind you, being a Spurs fan, he is in a constant state of disappointment and this season is no different. He, of course, believes they will be better next year which does not square at all.

Edited by Sciatika