• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well I think I have been one of the loudest on here, and elsewhere, in backing our forward players but when your top goalscorer has 6 league goals it's fair to assume the club might want a forward that scores a bit more.

We do have Havertz and Werner.  I'm all for Haaland, not least because I bet RA wants him, but on recent form it is the dry spells that look odd, not their ability to get a lot of goals.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Well I think I have been one of the loudest on here, and elsewhere, in backing our forward players but when your top goalscorer has 6 league goals it's fair to assume the club might want a forward that scores a bit more.

Disagree here. 

We expect/hope kai, Werner, ziyech to have a much better season with some settling time and pre-season, and yet we are literally throwing atleast 1 of them out of the team. 

I definitely think we need to give them time rather than buying haaland for record breaking money which can hardly be justified

Another clean sheet. Can we stop talking about keepers. We have Super Mendy.

3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Another clean sheet. Can we stop talking about keepers. We have Super Mendy.

Yeah, no need for another GK. Maybe a GK2 but as I cannot see us having any hope of shifting Kepa owing to his wages, we may just have to bite the bullet and stick with him. 

Sun mentions Lukaku and Salah coming back. No thats to either.

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Sun mentions Lukaku and Salah coming back. No thats to either.

This is clearly BS. 

Kezza   
On 5/6/2021 at 2:04 AM, didierforever said:

I definitely think we need to give them time rather than buying haaland for record breaking money which can hardly be justified

Why not!? As Haaland says.

He's a generational monster. His confidence and aggression is second to none. Not even trying to bid is a big mistake. Hardly "hardly be justified".

Edited by Kezza

Kezza   

Lewandowski at 32? I guess he doesn't feel his age and is still lethal. A bit like Benzema and Cavani. But I suppose he will come in as a main striker for one season and then we'll have to start looking again for a permanent mainstay in the team? Which is why Haaland or Kane should be a higher priority I think.

xhuga2   

As far as I am concerned Chelsea needs 3 or 4 players to win the league. We would need another defensive midfielder because let's face it, Billy needs to go on loan to grow. We would need another striker. We may need two strikers should Tammy want to leave to get minutes. We would also need a fullback to compete with Reece James and fill in if Reece gets injured. Frankly, Azpiliceuta can't perform as a fullback at the highest level week in, week out. He is ageing, being part of a back three is best for Azpi. This is not absolutely important like the other positions but we could do with a left foot Right Winger. Hakim Ziyech is the only one we got now. If we want to change to 4-3-3, we need to look at that.  

The players I believe Chelsea should be monitoring.

1. Forward: Haaland, Kane, Lukaku, Lewandowski, Aguero, João Félix, and Diego Costa. [Note: I see Aguero and Costa as Giroud replacements. I prefer João Félix and Haaland because they can grow with the club and they have the pace that suits our new counter-attacking system. At his age, Lewandowski won't be value for money, no resale value. Bayern won't sell. Inter won't sell Lukaku unless they want Conte to quit.]

2. Right Winger: Gareth Bale [Free] [He's left-footed. He scores goals. He comes with bags of experience at the highest level].

3. Defensive Midfielder: Wilfred Ndidi [Note: We have had to overwork Kante and Jorgi because Kovacic has been injured. As a DM Ndidi brings some creativity as well. Loftus-cheek could be an option too but I did rather have Ndidi over him.]

4. Fullback: Fabio Centoze [Note: We can always have Victor Moses or Zappacosta back as an option. Truth be told, the best right-backs in the game right now are in the biggest teams, we can't get them.]

If AC Milan won't meet our valuation for Tomori, we should extend his contract and keep him on loan there. We can let Milan raise him to world-class like A. Madrid raised Courtois. Thiago Silva won't be here past December 2022. His goal is to play one last world cup. Great defenders are hard to find so we should try and keep him. We need to extend Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta and Ethan Ampadu's contracts soon. 

If we have money to throw after looking at the positions above, 

Edited by xhuga2
  • Like 1