• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

We all agree WE HAVE TO A BUY A STRIKER, it's ridiculous that Abrahams is our top scorer with six goals and he hasn't played for God how long.

HAVETZ also isn't and never will be, Werner should be kept, but should play on the left.

KANE the best in the premiership (like him or hate him), but Levy will never sell him to Chelsea, don't matter how much we want to offer, the Tottenham supporters would string Levy up, would cost around 90 million.

HAALAND don't think he will come to us, CIty or Real Madrid is the obvious choice, will probably stay at Dortmund for next season then move, would cost 120+ million.

LUKUKU Would cost 90 million, may feel that Chelsea dumped him so would he return? Probably the closest thing to Drogba or Costa

GRIEZMANN Barcelona ready to sell, don't know how much he would cost maybe 60 million. Could he play in the premiership? 

LEWANDOWSKI could be worth chasing if Munich would sell, don't know how much he would cost, only problem is age will be 33 in August, so only 2 seasons left in him.

RONALDO still scoring but again age wise 36 only worth 18 months at best.

BENZEMA again 33, could do a job, but doubtful he would leave

CALVERT-LEWIN  don't know if Everton would sell, no idea how much he would cost, but we do know he can handle the premiership.

ANDRE SILVA don't know much about him, or if Frankfurt would sell him but he's scored 27 goals in 54 games.

there are others, but I think we need a bully, like Drogba or Costa,could take a chance on IVAN TONEY 31 goals in 46 games this season for Brentford, almost guaranteed to go to a premiership club for next season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Kane would be the best striker option as he doesn’t always need good service to score goals. This transfer is pretty much impossible though. Kane wouldn’t make the move either. Don’t think he has the stomach to move across London. Surprised some wouldn’t want him though. Even with his injuries he still finishes top 3 scorers in the league. The guy is a goal machine. 

Maybe but there are so many things going against it to make it viable: 

1) Spud fans would go absolutely ape **** if he was sold here.

2) We do not lay mega money out on players of his age.

3) His ankles are a concern. 

4) We aren't even certain of CL football.

Only way I can see this getting done is if we can come to some agreement with Levy (not going to happen.) If we could package Tammy and Zouma off to them and only add say £20-30m on top then I would say maybe, but that is incredibly unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

We all agree WE HAVE TO A BUY A STRIKER, it's ridiculous that Abrahams is our top scorer with six goals and he hasn't played for God how long.

HAVETZ also isn't and never will be, Werner should be kept, but should play on the left.

KANE the best in the premiership (like him or hate him), but Levy will never sell him to Chelsea, don't matter how much we want to offer, the Tottenham supporters would string Levy up, would cost around 90 million.

HAALAND don't think he will come to us, CIty or Real Madrid is the obvious choice, will probably stay at Dortmund for next season then move, would cost 120+ million.

LUKUKU Would cost 90 million, may feel that Chelsea dumped him so would he return? Probably the closest thing to Drogba or Costa

GRIEZMANN Barcelona ready to sell, don't know how much he would cost maybe 60 million. Could he play in the premiership? 

LEWANDOWSKI could be worth chasing if Munich would sell, don't know how much he would cost, only problem is age will be 33 in August, so only 2 seasons left in him.

RONALDO still scoring but again age wise 36 only worth 18 months at best.

BENZEMA again 33, could do a job, but doubtful he would leave

CALVERT-LEWIN  don't know if Everton would sell, no idea how much he would cost, but we do know he can handle the premiership.

ANDRE SILVA don't know much about him, or if Frankfurt would sell him but he's scored 27 goals in 54 games.

there are others, but I think we need a bully, like Drogba or Costa,could take a chance on IVAN TONEY 31 goals in 46 games this season for Brentford, almost guaranteed to go to a premiership club for next season.

 

Personally, I do not rate him, but Andre Silva has a €30m buyout. Can see the club going for him as Granny loves a buy out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kezza said:

One of the best left backs we ever had. What you felt wasn't important.

Neither is your opinion of what I felt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Maybe but there are so many things going against it to make it viable: 

1) Spud fans would go absolutely ape **** if he was sold here.

2) We do not lay mega money out on players of his age.

3) His ankles are a concern. 

4) We aren't even certain of CL football.

Only way I can see this getting done is if we can come to some agreement with Levy (not going to happen.) If we could package Tammy and Zouma off to them and only add say £20-30m on top then I would say maybe, but that is incredibly unlikely. 

Yeah Kane wouldn’t want to risk fans sending him death threats if he comes here. I can see Zouma maybe going Spurs but not Tammy. He knows Rodgers, I can see him waiting for a move to Leicester. Spurs become permanently mid table if they lose Kane and Son, going there is a big downgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrea Belotti of Torino would be a good "bullish" striker , practically kept them up singlehanded this season . Gerard Moreno of Villereal if you prefer "silky" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Maybe but there are so many things going against it to make it viable: 

1) Spud fans would go absolutely ape **** if he was sold here.

2) We do not lay mega money out on players of his age.

3) His ankles are a concern. 

4) We aren't even certain of CL football.

Only way I can see this getting done is if we can come to some agreement with Levy (not going to happen.) If we could package Tammy and Zouma off to them and only add say £20-30m on top then I would say maybe, but that is incredibly unlikely. 

1.  is an absolutely great reason to buy him.

But 2.  is the key point.  He isn't a Silva / Drogba mk2 / Cavani type signing to complete the squad.
2. is the reason we might well outbid the rest for Haaland.

3 & 4 I'm not so worried about.  If we are in the bidding, then this would have started 1 or  months ago, when nothing was certain except what we have spent already.

Tammy and Zouma are commodity products.  Fairly easy to price or find alternatives for.  I don't see them as key to a deal.

 

I'm interested in the supposed "gentlemen's agreement" to let him go now, 3 years into a 6 year contract.  Levy isn't a gentlemen, so it sounds something made up by agents trying to get a %-age.  So either there is no agreement and he will probably be priced too high for anyone to buy.  Or there is a confidential buyout which can't be mentioned explicitly.  Gareth Bale went for around £80m (wiki £77m or £85m) so I would imagine it would be around that high or higher if set in 2018.  Still a bit toppy for this market, given that the ESL farce has put back a propper EuroLeauge  5-10 years - beyond when Kane will even be a factor getting on the shortlist.
Haaland on the other hand would be expected to be still a big asset come 2030.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1.  is an absolutely great reason to buy him.

But 2.  is the key point.  He isn't a Silva / Drogba mk2 / Cavani type signing to complete the squad.
2. is the reason we might well outbid the rest for Haaland.

3 & 4 I'm not so worried about.  If we are in the bidding, then this would have started 1 or  months ago, when nothing was certain except what we have spent already.

Tammy and Zouma are commodity products.  Fairly easy to price or find alternatives for.  I don't see them as key to a deal.

 

I'm interested in the supposed "gentlemen's agreement" to let him go now, 3 years into a 6 year contract.  Levy isn't a gentlemen, so it sounds something made up by agents trying to get a %-age.  So either there is no agreement and he will probably be priced too high for anyone to buy.  Or there is a confidential buyout which can't be mentioned explicitly.  Gareth Bale went for around £80m (wiki £77m or £85m) so I would imagine it would be around that high or higher if set in 2018.  Still a bit toppy for this market, given that the ESL farce has put back a propper EuroLeauge  5-10 years - beyond when Kane will even be a factor getting on the shortlist.
Haaland on the other hand would be expected to be still a big asset come 2030.

But Silva/Drogba/Cavani were all frees. If we're talking about signing a Aguero, then sure I can see that, but £100m+ on Kane plus his wages? I just don't see it, as you later go on to suggest, he is a deprecating asset, especially after a year or two. I just really do not see how he fits with the clubs strategy, we haven't done something like that since Sheva. 

Agree with the rest. In regard to Zouma/Tammy, I agree I think both pick us up around £60-75m this Summer regardless. I added them more as a hypothetical in the sense that if Spuds actually wanted them, we could use that to get the fee lower. However, I am under no illusions that is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Kante said:

But Silva/Drogba/Cavani were all frees. If we're talking about signing a Aguero, then sure I can see that, but £100m+ on Kane plus his wages? I just don't see it, as you later go on to suggest, he is a deprecating asset, especially after a year or two. I just really do not see how he fits with the clubs strategy, we haven't done something like that since Sheva. 

yes - we are agreeing on this.
 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Agree with the rest. In regard to Zouma/Tammy, I agree I think both pick us up around £60-75m this Summer regardless. I added them more as a hypothetical in the sense that if Spuds actually wanted them, we could use that to get the fee lower. However, I am under no illusions that is going to happen.

I think you are being optimistic on fee - they aren't going to clubs that often pay £35m, and the market is quite weak now.  Particularly outside the prem, and I suspect they'll be another influx of eurotalent to the Prem this summer.  On the other hand it should be fairly easy to price them.  I'm sure at least 4 clubs would be interested in each and you could find 4 similar players to each.
If you are looking for players that Spurs might take a view on and offer more than other clubs, then that would be RLC, Kepa, CHO.  Some will say Jorginho but not me.

A lot of clubs would love Azpi, but I don't think he is marginal enough to sell yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

If we could package Tammy

Tammy is not going anywhere, he proved enough pre TT that he is an asset to the squad.

Should TT be coaching the squad next season then Tammy will more than likely be shipped put on loan for a season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now