• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't know what you heard, but I really doubt they have much money now.  They are, just as we have been since 2010, a yoyo club.  That is they can't afford to run a top squad for 10 years a decade.  They can pump money in for a few years when the team is running hot, but they can't keep doing if for long.  Only City and Man U can do that (and it isn't City's own money).
Plus of course the rest of Fenway Sports Group is also fully invested in sports, so will be as cash squeezed as the football part.

More to the point, we are talking about a club that in the last 5 years has gone: 76, 76, 97, 99, 69 points,  despite little Salah getting another 31 goals.
They have been found out  (thank god)

As far as they're concerned all they need is a fit Van Dyck and they'll be giving every team a slap again. Idk if you know any liverpool fans but the ones I know were saying to me (this was before we did what we did) ' id love to see your lot get on without three centre backs all season and we still finished...etc 

11 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Good call on a DM. We needed an enforcer like Fernandinho. Kante is great but he is somewhat too energetic to be limited to an enforcer role. Rice is good but there must be alternatives. Partey type before he went to Arsenal.

Ziyech. Not sure he is bothered and can produce consistently. He hardly creates anything everytime he plays. Been a disappointment generally. Not seeing any creative passing from him aside from the usual loft/cross to the far left post of the goal.

I think he still wants to play for Arsenal myself, though winning the European cup might change his view

Kezza   
1 minute ago, kennypaul said:

I think he still wants to play for Arsenal myself, though winning the European cup might change his view

You mean Ziyech or Party?

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

More to the point, we are talking about a club that in the last 5 years has gone: 76, 76, 97, 99, 69 points,  despite little Salah getting another 31 goals.
They have been found out  (thank god)

I thought it was more that Klopp has been found out, the profile is the same as Dortmund, Klopp and build at team, but is unable to sustain the team, along with the theory that he training and way of playing are so intense, the squad is goosed after 2-3 years  

xhuga2   

Arsenal is where Chelsea players who want to stay in London go to retire. Ziyech is not due retirement. 

xhuga2   
1 minute ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I thought it was more that Klopp has been found out, the profile is the same as Dortmund, Klopp and build at team, but is unable to sustain the team, along with the theory that he training and way of playing are so intense, the squad is goosed after 2-3 years  

Age is slowly catching up with his side. Plus he has an overreliance on certain key players without which they fall apart. 

xhuga2   

The club has a busy summer ahead. 

Leaving Chelsea Permanently
Jamal Blackman, Willy Caballero, Olivier Giroud
Victor Moses, Tomori, Danilo Pantic 

Players to go on loan
Guehi, Tariq Uwakwe, Matthew Miazga, Nathan Baxter,
Karlo Žiger, Baba Rahman, Ike Ugbo, Armando Broja
Davide Zappacosta, Matt Miazga, Tiemoué Bakayoko
Marco van Ginkel, Danny Drinkwater, Lewis Baker, Malang Sarr
Kenedy, Ethan Ampadu, Michy Batshuayi, Ruben Loftus-Cheek
George McEachran, Jake Clarke-Salter, Ross Barkley, Emerson

May or may not go on loan
Tino Anjorin, Billy Gilmour, Kepa Arrizabalaga

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

Good call on a DM. We needed an enforcer like Fernandinho. Kante is great but he is somewhat too energetic to be limited to an enforcer role. Rice is good but there must be alternatives. Partey type before he went to Arsenal.

Ziyech. Not sure he is bothered and can produce consistently. He hardly creates anything everytime he plays. Been a disappointment generally. Not seeing any creative passing from him aside from the usual loft/cross to the far left post of the goal.

True. Would not mind us cutting our losses with ziyech. Surely arsenal would gladly take him off us 😂 and get a proper goal scoring ST. 

Just saying it would not be my first and foremost priority. THAT should be Rice. 

1 hour ago, xhuga2 said:

The club has a busy summer ahead. 

Leaving Chelsea Permanently
Jamal Blackman, Willy Caballero, Olivier Giroud
Victor Moses, Tomori, Danilo Pantic 

Players to go on loan
Guehi, Tariq Uwakwe, Matthew Miazga, Nathan Baxter,
Karlo Žiger, Baba Rahman, Ike Ugbo, Armando Broja
Davide Zappacosta, Matt Miazga, Tiemoué Bakayoko
Marco van Ginkel, Danny Drinkwater, Lewis Baker, Malang Sarr
Kenedy, Ethan Ampadu, Michy Batshuayi, Ruben Loftus-Cheek
George McEachran, Jake Clarke-Salter, Ross Barkley, Emerson

May or may not go on loan
Tino Anjorin, Billy Gilmour, Kepa Arrizabalaga

With how well guehi has played, he can easily take the 5th CB spot ahead of zouma. Ampadu as a 6th CB and 5th choice DM, should be a good choice. 

RLC, Barkley (some links with WHU and Newcastle), Kennedy, baba, michy, Emerson, bakayoko, zappacosta should be sold even if at a cut price. 

When does the 8 loanee rule get inforced?