• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

He wins them because defenders can't stop him otherwise. Wherever he goes he will be winning free kicks for them, as he will if southgate trusts him for England. I would prefer to be in the team winning them rather than conceding them. He doesnt win them because he dives, like Eden, he wins them because he is fouled. Why wouldnt anyone want a freekick from the edge of the box every now and then?

We've had over seventy percent possession in some games and had three players to one booked .

What makes you think he'll get those free kicks .

because he won't .

I'd not go anywhere near Grealish. He's clearly a talented footballer, but as others have articulated well enough he'd be a dreadful fit for us. Hazard was generally fouled trying to go past people. Grealish is generally fouled because he and his team actively want and are looking for the free kick. That is not a strategy that is going to work for Chelsea, or indeed a team trying to win the league.

• Thanks 1

Whoever picks up Haarland will get a well rested player

23 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well done.  So how many goal contributions did Villa have?  Who did the other 85% of the work?  Should we buy them instead?

My God you are so ****ing boring. 

He was directly invoved in 29% of their goals. Only you can make this into a long debate. 

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

My God you are so ****ing boring. 

He was directly invoved in 29% of their goals. Only you can make this into a long debate. 

Sorry to bore you.  I'm not disputing your arithmetic any more.  But as I said, who was involved in the other 85% of goal contributions - perhaps we should look at them.   

19 hours ago, Kezza said:

So is it Declan Rice or Kalvin Phillips who is coming?

Hopefully not Declan Rice. That would be £75m not well spent. I suggested Kalvin Phillips a few months back but he doesn't seem to be anyones cup of tea. Personally I think he is terrific. 

Ruudboy   

Not sure you’d winkle him away from Leeds, who fought off bids for him when his last contract expired in 2019 - and he’s on a five year contract now. Ex-Leeds academy, too, so fairly committed. Shame really, I share a grudging admiration for his play to date.

Haaland transfer is gathering pace, (or is it a smokescreen for Lukuku?),

I don't understand people saying no to Grealish, all players cheat and dive, what about Rudiger yesterday Biting Pogba? He's our player or don't you want him now

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

Haaland transfer is gathering pace, (or is it a smokescreen for Lukuku?),

I don't understand people saying no to Grealish, all players cheat and dive, what about Rudiger yesterday Biting Pogba? He's our player or don't you want him now

Quite simple.

1. He's no better than what we have, and as an extension to that:

2. He would cost about 100m. For that sort of dough you want a player who is clearly an upgrade (see Haaland)

3. He wouldn't get half the decisions playing for us, as he does for Villa. Just look at the way the Villa - Chelsea game was refereed. He'd have been sent off in a Blue shirt.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Quite simple.

1. He's no better than what we have, and as an extension to that:

2. He would cost about 100m. For that sort of dough you want a player who is clearly an upgrade (see Haaland)

3. He wouldn't get half the decisions playing for us, as he does for Villa. Just look at the way the Villa - Chelsea game was refereed. He'd have been sent off in a Blue shirt.

Id argue he's better then Zyech, cho and on last seasons form Pulisic, but I'd agree he wouldn't get half the decisions playing for us.

(But it would be good just to piss off man utd who are definitely in for him)

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/fikayo-tomori-leaving-chelsea-after-release-clause-has-been-triggered/