• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd respect the bravery if he had done the first thing to get experienced PL level coaching in his team.  Instead he avoided it like the plague and relied on development coaches. Not sure what he was scared of.
You may have thought 10th was respectable - anyone looking at the players the club were giving him in 2019 would think otherwise.  There was a lot of excuse making in advance of the season.  He should be greatful he didn't get Hazard too.  Come 2020 expectations were huge.

I doff my cap to you for your continual slating of a club legend. 

Whereas you start wear rose tinted glasses when anyone dare mention the two train wrecks your beloved JM left when he departed the club. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

I prefer it when the chat in the transfer forum is about transfers personally, rather than yet another debate about Lampard and Tuchel... they both have pages dedicated to them on here, so why don’t we move it over to those?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I prefer it when the chat in the transfer forum is about transfers personally, rather than yet another debate about Lampard and Tuchel... they both have pages dedicated to them on here, so why don’t we move it over to those?

This. 

10 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

But it had a big impact on our league form.

Your missing my point, or maybe I've not explained it very well even though I keep saying it, he took over a team that was on course for 58 points and literally overnight turned them into a 76 point team, whilst and I'm sorry for repeating myself again, won the champions league, which 100% impacted our league form.

So taking a team that averages enough for 58 points, which would have had us finishing 10th this year and turning it into one that would get 76, which would have been enough for second this year, with no pre season, in my mind bloody brilliant.

But a team that has the second best squad in the world should compete for the PL and CL every year no? If we have such a big and good squad, complaining that the CL impacted our league form is missing the point a bit isn't it? It's supposed to be like that every year!

Or should we be happy with 3rd or 4th as long as we have a good run in the CL?

How could Liverpool manage both without an impacted league form? Their squad was considerably smaller when they won the CL in 2019 and managed 97 points and only one loss in the league. I hear what you are saying, I'm just not buying it as an excuse.  I don't think Tuchel is buying it either. 

I do agree we need a striker. But it does seem right now to be a case of Haaland or no one. I also don't see a plethora of available attackers that can come in and improve us. Goal scoring is quite clearly a problem and was a problem for Tuchel. But I'm not so sure it will, or even can, be resolved this window. If it doesn't, do you see a considerable improvement on 76 points? I'm not sure I do unfortunately cause there will be too many games in the league where our difficulties scoring goals will come back and haunt us. Narrow wins turns into draws, and draws can easily be turned into 6-8 losses in a season when goals are hard to come by. 

In my opinion we are quite a far way off from being a 90+ points team. 

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

But a team that has the second best squad in the world should compete for the PL and CL every year no?

Maybe we will next year or should Tuchel have taken us from 9th to 1st

If we have such a big and good squad, complaining that the CL impacted our league form is missing the point a bit isn't it? It's supposed to be like that every year!

And how many premier league teams have ever won both in the same season? Doesnt matter how good your squad is it's almost impossible. 

Or should we be happy with 3rd or 4th as long as we have a good run in the CL?

Absolute not the Premier league should be without doubt the number one priority next season.

How could Liverpool manage both without an impacted league form? Their squad was considerably smaller when they won the CL in 2019 and managed 97 points and only one loss in the league.

A one off and even when they did do ridiculously well in both competitions they never won both in the same season.

Once your at a level, as in not rebuilding, coming 2nd or 4th makes absolutely no difference. It's either win it or nothing else matters so as well as they did getting 97 points it means nothing.

I hear what you are saying, I'm just not buying it as an excuse.  I don't think Tuchel is buying it either. 

I am not making an excuse or think we need them, I am just stating facts. You said we failed. I do not think coming 4th was a failure but if you think it was then there are reasons we limped over the line, not excuses.

Edited by Martin1905

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Apologises, this whole debate started because I mentioned Haaland would be wise to come here as I think we could be one of the strongest teams in Europe for the foreseeable future and none of the big European teams are at the level of ourselves, City or Liverpool. It did start off about a transfer to be fair.

Unfortunately I can not say anything without 2 posters jumping on my every word and turning it around to be about Lampard or how Tuchel may not be what I think he is, which in turn becomes about Lampard.

Seems the same every year though, some people let their personal feelings about managers get in the way and just want to turn every topic into a debate about how right they are. We saw it massively with Conte and Sarri and seeing it again now. 

It is a shame though, I agree but like I say I can not say anything without two people jumping on my every word and making it about the manager.

Edited by Martin1905

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Unfortunately I can not say anything without 2 posters jumping on my every word and turning it around to be about Lampard or how Tuchel may not be what I think he is, which in turn becomes about Lampard.

Bizarre.

The only two posters who have mentioned Lampard is yourself and Robertofthegiz. Don't indicate that my last 4-5 posts have been anything but what you started out with in your intial post. I'm questioning your point that we are on the cusp of being a european powerhouse. Imo we are quite a long distance from being that. 

At no point did I even mention Lampard or made the discussion about him. I think this is another case of you feeling something that really isn't there. 

1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Bizarre.

The only two posters who have mentioned Lampard is yourself and Robertofthegiz. Don't indicate that my last 4-5 posts have been anything but what you started out with in your intial post. I'm questioning your point that we are on the cusp of being a european powerhouse. Imo we are quite a long distance from being that. 

At no point did I even mention Lampard or made the discussion about him. I think this is another case of you feeling something that really isn't there. 

Lampard or Tuchel I said but the debate goes hand in hand.

Within a post or two of my initial one, stating I believe we are at a level above pretty much every big  European club you turned it into a manager debate.

We failed and Tuchel has to improve. Your words. When you make statements like that you are going to get people sticking up for the manager.

41 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Lampard or Tuchel I said but the debate goes hand in hand.

Within a post or two of my initial one, stating I believe we are at a level above pretty much every big  European club you turned it into a manager debate.

We failed and Tuchel has to improve. Your words. When you make statements like that you are going to get people sticking up for the manager.

That's how you read my posts. I think I was pretty clear - I don't think we have the second best squad, we will need to improve on 76 points to be a power house, and yes, we need a new striker but it doesn't look great in terms of what's available. 

If you want to make this into a debate on Tuchel vs. Lampard that's you projecting your own feelings in that case. It's astonishing how you can read my posts and somehow manage to turn it into something it's not even close to being. 

Either case, I'm done and I think plenty of others will be happy about that. 

SSDD - Teacher Teacher it was him or her

CR7, would be the signing of the summer. Only then will the club be making a statement of intent of becoming a powerhouse as some are suggesting

Haaland etc. are not fit to lace CR7 boots in popularity or commercial value.