• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   
31 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

I am so uncomfortable in letting Alonso go to Inter Milan.  I want Hakimi but sacrificing Alonso for him feels like a Thanos move. I know many people dislike Alonso but I see him as quality. Almost as good as Chilwell with the added goal threat. For me, if Chilwell has a bad run of form or is injured, Alonso slots in perfectly.  To those who say Azpilicueta can play on the left, yes as a left fullback but not as a left wingback. Plus the reason for signing Hakimi is to relegate Azpi to a back three system. Some argue that Hakimi can play on the left as well. Yes, but why buy someone and not play him at his preferred position?  Lampard played Havertz at the right-wing and regretted it. "But we have Emerson", don't let me strangle you.

The only way I get comfortable with Alonso leaving is if we get Tagliafico. 

I wonder. Can Inter even pay Alonso's wages? He has two more years on his deal and given Milan are penny-pinching, can they offer Alonso better than what he gets at Chelsea? I don't see Alonso taking a wage cut. 

Honestly, I did rather they take both Emerson and Zappacosta away. Let's see how this pans out. 

You know Hakimi was touted as one of the best left wing back in Bundesliga playing for Dortmund right? He is not less comfortable there than on the right. Watch his clips for Dortmund. He's definitely no Cesar on the left.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Really? I thought that was a given.

For the sake of this conversation, if we say the XI that started the CL final is (was for 2020/21) our best team, players 12-24, in no particular order, were:

Kepa, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso, Emerson, Kovacic, Gilmour, CHO, Ziyech, Giroud, Abraham, Pulisic

Do the same exercise for anyone except City and see where you get. 

76 points pro rata would have got second place too. 

Man U

Staring XI: De Gea; Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Pogba, McTominay, Fred; Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford

12-24: Henderson, Bailly, Jones, Dalot, Telles,  Matic, Van De Beek,  Mata, Lingaard, James, Greenwood, Martial

Liverpool

Starting XI: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson; Henderson, Wijnaldum, Thiago; Salah, Firminho, Mané

12-24: Adrian, Kabak, Matip, Phillips, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shakiri, Origi, Minamino

I don't see much of a difference to be perfectly honest.

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Man U

Staring XI: De Gea; Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Pogba, McTominay, Fred; Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford

12-24: Henderson, Bailly, Jones, Dalot, Telles,  Matic, Van De Beek,  Mata, Lingaard, James, Greenwood, Martial

Liverpool

Starting XI: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson; Henderson, Wijnaldum, Thiago; Salah, Firminho, Mané

12-24: Adrian, Kabak, Matip, Phillips, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shakiri, Origi, Minamino

I 'd still say ours is stronger.

Which do you think is?

And like I say, with Tuchel, pro rata, we'd have got second. 

I'd also expect that 76 to be higher, seeing as the first half of the season doesn't have the  added strain of the big knockout CL games. 

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Unfortunately I can not say anything without 2 posters jumping on my every word and turning it around to be about Lampard or how Tuchel may not be what I think he is, which in turn becomes about Lampard.

Seems the same every year though, some people let their personal feelings about managers get in the way and just want to turn every topic into a debate about how right they are. We saw it massively with Conte and Sarri and seeing it again now. 

It is a shame though, I agree but like I say I can not say anything without two people jumping on my every word and making it about the manager.

Of course it isn't about Conte Sarri or Lampard or TT.  It is about players failing the club for short periods and then massively outperforming for short periods for no reason at all.  It is about betrayals not excuses.  Has to be or ....

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Either case, I'm done and I think plenty of others will be happy about that. 

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

Any transfer talk going to happen anytime soon on this thread?

2 hours ago, bert19 said:

There's also zero suggestion that he's interested in coming to Chelsea, or that Chelsea are interested in him.  Flogging a dead horse really eh? 

Hakimi rumours seem to be around this morning.  Wonder how close we might be there? 

We are in the middle of the Euros.  No deals are  going to be done now.  
Ronaldo on that basis is as likely a guess as any guess by a newspaper.
Hakimi rumours I suspect are gaining purely on the grounds that neither club has issued an explicit denial.  Again a deal announced in June is pretty unlikely even if it is already pencilled in.

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Man U

Liverpool

12-24: Adrian, Kabak, Matip, Phillips, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shakiri, Origi, Minamino.  

The bold are all players who would be out on loan if at Chelsea - mostly as failures but one or two like Greenwood because they aren't ready yet, 
and Milner and Mata  (and some might say Matic) were great players but not for the last season or two.  And you have included Lingaard and Minamino who were loaned out because they weren't thought good enough.

kratos   
48 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think looking at players 12-24 of those three squads, we are miles stronger than the other two.

I guess it depends on who can perform on a consistent basis.

If we can be more clinical in front of goal then who knows what we could achieve.

I would swap Kepa for Henderson, Fabinho, who to be fair should not be on the list, for Emerson, someone for Gilmour and then I am struggling to see who I would want in our squad above who we already have. Maybe Greenwood but I am not sold on him yet.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

The bold are all players who would be out on loan if at Chelsea 

Which is an accusation you can level towards more than half the players Paul listed as our 12-24. 

Kepa, Alonso, Emerson, Gilmour, CHO and Abraham. What's left? Giroud, Zouma, Kovacic and Pulisic. So don't see your point at all to be honest.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

The bold are all players who would be out on loan if at Chelsea

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Which is an accusation you can level towards more than half the players Paul listed as our 12-24. 

But they are not loaned out?

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Why do people keep wanting us to move to a back 4 when the back 3 had been such a good system for us already. First with Conte and now with TT. We are no less attacking with that back 3. Is it the need to conform and be conventional?

I don't know, but the idea is bordering on insanity.