• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  Clearly the big motivation right now for Ramos is to get out of RM while keeping most of his salary.
I'm sure if he asked Hazard what to do he'd get an immediate answer.

In the mean time Azpi is back in the Spanish squad and Ramos isn't.

(does that imply Ramos is not a good traveller/ good for harmony?  Any ideas?)

That's actually a very good point, Azpi is in the squad and Ramos isn't (nobody from Real Madrid is), and this should say a lot about Ramos' current level.

3 hours ago, Ham said:

I predict you recommending an ageing Portuguese brylcream enthusiast in the coming days. 

Absolutely Hammy

when did the club last sign a world superstar, who not only put bums on seats and brings untold commercial riches, elevates on the world stage. Oh yes also throws in the occasional goal or two?

I love to tell my grandkids whist siting on a river bank somewhere, the tale of seeing a world superstar playing for Chelsea. 

Chrisb   
35 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I love to tell my grandkids whist siting on a river bank somewhere, the tale of seeing a world superstar playing for Chelsea. 

Ruud Gullit says hello!

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sergio Ramos anyone?

Unsurprisingly, I’ve seen a few people linking us with him. He was a quality player, but off the back of a a season full of injuries at his age, I just don’t think he’s the way we should or even will go, not when we have Silva and Azpi already at the latter stages of their careers.

PSG seem to be readying another bid for Hakimi, to counter ours and so that may not be as ‘done’ as it sounded a few days ago. We have to just hope Inter really want Emerson or Alonso, because I don’t think Chelsea will increase the money on offer.

And finally... does anyone still want Kane? I can see us getting the Kane of the Euros if we sign him, rather than the Kane of Spurs... would be very Chelsea.

No… and no. 

Ramos is done imo. Don’t think he’ll manage a full season in England and the back theee we have of Azpi-Silva-Rudiger with Christensen waiting to wrestle himself into the side. 

The only way I see us signing Ramos is in the short term while Guehi does another season on loan and we move on Zouma. 

Kane is a hard no for me. I don’t think he’ll hit it off here and he’s on his last legs in terms of career length. 

chara   

Ramos?.....up there with my favourite CB's....not looking for "nice" guys ....give me a JT or Jack Charlton everyday (especially back in the dark ages when I played) as opposed to a donkey like Manure slabface.

BUT....his time is over...bit like JT as he eased into retirement...at the top and the pace and pressure of the long,tough, EPL season would drag him down(plus the changing role of the position)...I'm(humble)o.

Of course he could do a job but not as a lynchpin of a defence....

I'd take Ramos as a mascot we could send out to wind up Liverpool fans, but not as a player. No shame in it, but his time is done. We're a better team than Real. 

• Like 1

chara   
20 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd take Ramos as a mascot we could send out to wind up Liverpool fans, but not as a player. No shame in it, but his time is done. We're a better team than Real. 

That is GOLD.....tag him with Demba and let them walk out at Anfield....the hysteria would be priceless......

1 hour ago, Chrisb said:

Ruud Gullit says hello!

Zola too

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Any thoughts on Isak?

Like the look of him but must admit that is based on two appearances, and he's not scored in either!