• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   

ivanovic has been defensively poor this season, his crosses are poor too, apart from doing well aerially when defending, attacking(corners) or doing his job during the pattern of play(bringing long balls down), he has been poor. I have always said azpi should move to the ight for the new LB to come in. Most of our goals conceded have been because bane was either nowhere to be seen or not done his job properly, most from the right side, barely from azpi's side, infact till today I didn't know you could beat azpi one on one, apart from today's own goal you can't say that about Terry, azpi, or even cahill, they have been solid.

if you think I am exaggerating go and look back at it, a majority of goals conceded have started from the right side.

if any of you are blind to see that, then that's you, I have no personal hate for ivanovic, he has been poor defensively this season.

don't expect me to be the type to cry about it, not particularly bothered

Non Chelsea mates of mine always comment on what a fantastic asset he is. Very solid defensively, an amazing engine, the heart if a lion and he scores important goals.

I'm sorry but you're completely wrong here. I'm not going to check your comment on how many goals are scored from the right side but even if it were true that doesn't mean that Branners was to blame. I believe my own eyes. He had been very solid all season.

life   

Non Chelsea mates of mine always comment on what a fantastic asset he is. Very solid defensively, an amazing engine, the heart if a lion and he scores important goals.

I'm sorry but you're completely wrong here. I'm not going to check your comment on how many goals are scored from the right side but even if it were true that doesn't mean that Branners was to blame. I believe my own eyes. He had been very solid all season.

Even for todays goal, he couldn't properly challenge his man, when he missed he should have quickly gone back to defend against the man with the ball out wide since its his job, not cahill, that's what azpi wouldve done, and even if you can't make it, go back and help Terry, its keeps the shape of back 4 and makes it hard for opponents, he didn't, he was ball watching.

That's fine by me, I also wished there were clips of attempts by opponents against us, that wouldve made it even clearer, opponents know they will get joy from ivanovics position, but not azpi, or even the reliable Terry. Like I said, I don't have anything against the guy but he has been poor. I'd do the same to others too, I like oscar but before last 2-3 games he was poor for months and have said it many times

Edited by life

cam4blue   

I agree with you. Ivanovic has had a good season. Very important part of the defensive unit that has been working so well and a decent, if slightly unexciting, attacking outlet.

I think a lot of the criticism of him comes from how *ahem* "agricultural" he is. He is not a stylish player and some people mistake that for ineffectiveness, when he is quite the opposite.

Wasn't very good today though, but neither was Azpilicueta and he has had an excellent season.

I think the biggest change we have to do in the team concern the midfield. Ok we need a true striker, but if we look at our midfield, we miss a player with a high quality of pass and high understanding of the game.

We don't know if Lampard will be there next season. Same for Luiz. Same for Mikel. We don't know what role will have Van Ginkel.

Only two players will stay for sure: Ramires and Matic. They are both tireless, very precious in the defending effort, but I think they are a bit limited in the utilisation of the ball.

They miss to many passes, because, in matches like today, they have to take the responsability in the organisation of the play. But they have not the qualities to do that IMO. Luiz and Mikel neither. Lampard... well... maybe have it in the past. We need somebody to take this role in the midfield. Maybe Van Ginkel is this player, but who know his true level?...

Edited by Guillaume

Expect a lot of abuse for this - it's plain stupid.

I certainly do not think it's plain stupid.

I wouldn't say he's been 'bad'. Just his usual self which sadly isn't even close to be good enough.

A one trick pony if there ever was one.

JohnnyG   

I certainly do not think it's plain stupid.

I wouldn't say he's been 'bad'. Just his usual self which sadly isn't even close to be good enough.

A one trick pony if there ever was one.

What is his one trick?

What is his one trick?

Sorry. He's got two. Set-pieces and that Cech long ball.

Or maybe just one - his aerial play. Depends on how strict a you want to be I guess.

JohnnyG   

I don't want to be strict at all, I felt you were by classing him a one trick pony though.
He's far from that.

I don't want to be strict at all, I felt you were by classing him a one trick pony though.

He's far from that.

In your opinion yes. Other than heading the ball and fight I can't think of one single thing he does semi ok.

Passing? Bare minimum. Concentration? Like a 12 year old with a severe case of attention deficit disorder. No awareness of his surroundings. Terrible marker. Lousy positioning. Can't hit the six yard box with a cross even if he was unchallenged.

Like many of our other players he's so limited. Ramires. Torres. Luiz. Ivanovic. Four players I don't think are good enough for us who starts regularly. I want to replace all four with better players. We NEED to replace all four with better players.

JohnnyG   

In your opinion yes. Other than heading the ball and fight I can't think of one single thing he does semi ok...

There's 2 then.

He scores a few too by the way.