• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Azpilicueta has been our best defender this season imo. Ivanovic will play RB, and having Azpi on the bench is madness. Plus, which available left back out there is better than Azpi and wont cost silly money? PVA is not only HG, he is club-trained and is the obvious choice for a LB back up. Bertrand is a good option as well, but he needs to play more after several years of sitting on the bench.

Ivanovic's attacking game is nonexistant but he's a good defender. He needs to be relegated to the bench. We need a new left back and play Azpi in his preferred role.

Pure guesswork on my part but I suspect that Inter's genuine interest is in Dzeko and they are allowing rumours of interest in Torres to circulate as a way to keep City's price expectations in check.

I quite like the idea of Dzeko myself.

Some people really think JM will put Ivanovic on the bench as he is the first or the second name he puts on the starting 11 every game?

kratos   

Back 4 is fine as far as I'm concerned.

A high quality partner for Matic would be good but very expensive.

Kroos would be ideal but will Bayern part with him?

Gundogan is another possibility but like Kroos would not come cheap.

Rakitic is a very nice midfielder too.

On another note I'm not sure if we need another attacker for the 3, we have 5 already.

Striker however is the top priority, everybody knows it.

Falcao was an absolute yes 2 years ago, but will this injury knock him back? He may never recover that form again but who knows.

Cavani ticks every box that a JM striker should have but for what PSG paid for him I think is enough to put anybody off.

Which brings me to Diego Costa who I do understand is not everybody's cup of tea because of his antics but this season he has really taken to the role of being the main man and has that hunger in his belly to become a success.

32M isn't cheap but compared to what was paid for Falcao and Cavani I personally think Costa represents better value.

I have a feeling Falcao may be another Torres or Sheva waiting to happen. The time to buy him was three years ago. Not now.

The person to buy now is Costa. No major injuries, still young enough to improve and still ambitious. And cheaper than the alternatives.

Gotta be Costa.

I have a feeling Falcao may be another Torres or Sheva waiting to happen. The time to buy him was three years ago. Not now.

The person to buy now is Costa. No major injuries, still young enough to improve and still ambitious. And cheaper than the alternatives.

Gotta be Costa.

Is there anyone who doesn't think it's going to be Costa? Even Wenger, according to the press, thinks Costa is going to Chelsea. Maybe he has some inside knowledge? Or just reads the same papers as the rest of us...

Daily Mail saying we will sign Mandzukic for nearly 20 million. His record this year is excellent too. Thinking if we get Costa for £30-35 million and Mandzukic for £15-20 million we will have spent £50-55 million on two top strikers, with maybe Eto'o around still, or Drogba coming back as player/coach on a free, then we'll be set for strikers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2596771/Chelsea-set-beat-Arsenal-Bayern-Munich-striker-Mario-Mandzukic-20m-deal.html

Edited by James Prescott