• Current Donation Goals

royalblue

Mohamed Salah - In and Out!

Khobar   

Well, he has been spared national service.

Presumably they saw a viseo of his shooting :-)

Scooba   

Great news. Will prove to be an important member of the squad I think. A navas type player who can come on late and really stretch the opposition defence. I see him getting a few goals.

Ha for me there's no comparison - I'm very much yet to be convinced by Salah. He reminds me of Kalou. He's not fit to lace Robben's boots. If Salah improves I'll be hugely, but pleasantly surprised.

I said that his performance reminded me of Robben. Comparing styles isn't the same as saying he is as good or capable of ever being that. I would not for one second say he was in Robbens class. I do believe he has potential to be a very useful player for us.

DannyLB   

I find it a bit ironic how some fans want our youth coming through and making it in the first team but have absolutely no patience when to comes to signings in giving them time to settle and improve.

I find it a bit ironic how some fans want our youth coming through and making it in the first team but have absolutely no patience when to comes to signings in giving them time to settle and improve.

There's a difference between that and a signing who just isn't good enough.

paulw66   

There's a difference between that and a signing who just isn't good enough.

Yup - the next whipping boy

ish   

Kalou was always a fw playing a level a little above his standard and out of position.

salah is interesting, when I watch him play, he has good ability to read when to make a run and dribble through players but relies too much on pace and little guile. bit too one dimensonal with little end product.

however he is still young and much of his issues are at least not technical and physical like Kalou was, ie not skillful enough or fast enough.

can't see him displacing starters just yet but has the ability I think to get to a similar level to schurrle who I'm not the biggest fan of but dont mind. he has the right skillset to at least bomb down the wing and annoy fullbacks, ball control is a little lacking which is a shame but can be mediated if he learns to kick the ball past an opponent instead of controlling it like kaka used to do.

worth the money? probably not and as he is right now he could go both ways, either being useful and turning into a player that can cause damage or become too predictable. having lukaku and costa should help, both love early balls too so that should make him less likely to be strongly marked.

Yup - the next whipping boy

Not at all. I speak as I find, and I think Salah is ****. *shrug*

If he proves me wrong - I'll be as delighted as anyone. Will I support him? You bet I will. But from what I've seen I don't think he's up to it.

#opinions