• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Galatasaray 1 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Round Of 16 match against Galatasaray at the Turk Telekom Arena, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 GMT, Wednesday, 26th February, 2014.

Drogba will cause havoc to our defence, he's still a fantastic footballer no matter what anyone says about him. That said, Gala are hopeless in defence, Torres, Hazard and co will have a field down on the Euro-Asia border.

2-6.

I've waited for over a decade for this match. The last time we played them was a year before I got into football, but my Dad went and got pelted by stones lol and me and my Mum saw him on TV when the cameras pointed at our fans.

It's been a long-time coming but finally it's happening. And with Drogba. And hopefully Semih Kaya catches Jose's eye and we sign him in the Summer.

Prediction wise. GS will be tough. Away especially. I don't actually see us winning. Funny thing is GS have been as poor as we have last few games. 1-1 Hazard and Drogba will score. Home leg will be a walk-over though.

paulw66   

Sky showed an advert for this yesterday with Drogba scoring the penatly in munich......hairs on end!

Gala are pretty bad on paper- 2nd isn't a disgrace in most leagues but they're off the pace despite being overpowered in a poor domestic competition and 7 points from their group isn't hugely intimidating.

That said, I'm struggling to see a big win on Wednesday- we've not gone hell for leather in comparable domestic games ourselves. Big away games have been very much a case of safety first.

paulw66   

Gala are pretty bad on paper- 2nd isn't a disgrace in most leagues but they're off the pace despite being overpowered in a poor domestic competition and 7 points from their group isn't hugely intimidating.

That said, I'm struggling to see a big win on Wednesday- we've not gone hell for leather in comparable domestic games ourselves. Big away games have been very much a case of safety first.

Counter attack, a la Schalke away

I don't think it's going to be a hugely exciting match, but I can see Jose setting the team up not to concede and try to catch something on the counter. I can see this working pretty well and can see a goal mid-way through the second half and then as Galatasaray really push forward, u getting a second and effectively ending the tie... I hope.

I hope Jose rests Willian and Oscar for this (they need it) and starts with Schurrle and Ramires/Salah with Matic and Mikel/Ramires in the holding roles.

An away goal would be fantastic here but I have a feeling we might not score 0-0 or 1-0 defeat. Not sure why but just have a feeling they will raise their game and catch us out.