• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Shocking stuff. I remember when football was a good way of letting off steam.

Pretty soon, the only permissible chant will be come on you blues.

Just about anything else will be inflammatory, derogatory, or just plain old hate crime.

Anyone seen the story about the Chelsea supporting high flying lawyer who's been sacked for calling Liverpool supporters 'scouse scum'? Sorry, my links never work but it's all over the net.Rather unwisely said it during an interview on You Tube or something after they beat us, but I mean........really? He was obviously upset and he has apologised. But no, he's had to lose his job over it.We all know what would have happened if a Liverpool supporter had insulted Chelsea fans..............absolutely nothing.I despair, I really do.

Blame the Liverpool Echo for this. Sorry don't know how to put the link up. But the echo is where it's at. Scum all of them.

JaneB   

Shocking stuff. I remember when football was a good way of letting off steam.

Pretty soon, the only permissible chant will be come on you blues.

Just about anything else will be inflammatory, derogatory, or just plain old hate crime.

Or even come on you reds! Supporting Liverpool will become compulsory :((((

Holymoly   

Do you think all of the forums for the 15 clubs currently ahead of us have been closed down (temporarily) so they can switch from we hate Chelsea to we can be patronising about them

I wouldn't be surprised seeing most of the posts on our forums are whiney little missives about how the world is against us. I'd like us to man up a bit (and maybe the team to man up a lot).

We aren't allowed to set fire to the Daily Mail building we can't go around thumping other teams gobby supporters like we used to we can't pour our hot Bovril from the east middle onto the press box so happily here is a place we can highlight the disproportionate character assassination of our club. If you don't think there is such a thing then I suggest you could read the clubs official website instead, its nearly always sunny on there.

Lawyer sacked for telling the truth.....what is the world coming to?

OzzyCFC   

We aren't allowed to set fire to the Daily Mail building we can't go around thumping other teams gobby supporters like we used to we can't pour our hot Bovril from the east middle onto the press box so happily here is a place we can highlight the disproportionate character assassination of our club. If you don't think there is such a thing then I suggest you could read the clubs official website instead, its nearly always sunny on there.

Well said. 100% this.

I wouldn't be surprised seeing most of the posts on our forums are whiney little missives about how the world is against us. I'd like us to man up a bit (and maybe the team to man up a lot).

Oh I think you'll find compared to supporters of other clubs most of us now have skins like Rhino hides. Just take a look at what happens when one of our oppo's feels the slightest bit aggrieved. After our game with Arsenal when we had another stick on penalty denied and they had a man quite rightly sent off, the gooners were running around screaming like little girls and organised a petition which got over 10,000 signatures to lobby for Mike Dean never to ref another Arsenal game because they think he doesn't like them. Ahh didums! What an utter joke.

If ANY other team suffered the same kind of media poison combined with appalling officiating that we've had this season, their fans would be squealing so loud we would all need ear defenders. I think our supporters have been remarkably restrained whilst letting people know that nothing has gone unnoticed. Is it annoying? Yes very, but we should say it as we see it and personally no one is going to shut me up (they can't fine me 50 grand). I actually think it's you who needs to "man up" instead of letting people shite all over you while you pretend it's not happening.

Oh I think you'll find compared to supporters of other clubs most of us now have skins like Rhino hides. Just take a look at what happens when one of our oppo's feels the slightest bit aggrieved. After our game with Arsenal when we had another stick on penalty denied and they had a man quite rightly sent off, the gooners were running around screaming like little girls and organised a petition which got over 10,000 signatures to lobby for Mike Dean never to ref another Arsenal game because they think he doesn't like them. Ahh didums! What an utter joke.

Exactly

chara   

Amen to that..well said Nobly.......the plastic fans melt..the old school (and that means recent as well as veterans) just battle on.