• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Sciatika   

I only recently found out that being a lifelong Liverpool fan is the norm for most Germans. Apparently, they learnt to support the club on their granddad's knee. They all have Istanbul DVDs at home and pocket editions of the Complete Sayings of Bill Shankly. The infatuation of Germans for all things Scouse goes back to the years immediately after the second world when Liverpool FC was solely responsible for the Berlin Airlift. It was a relationship that deepened when the scousers, in time-honoured tradition, charged the Berlin wall rather than go through the turnstiles causing the wall to collapse and leading to the reunification of Germany.

Sea foot   

I only recently found out that being a lifelong Liverpool fan is the norm for most Germans. Apparently, they learnt to support the club on their granddad's knee. They all have Istanbul DVDs at home and pocket editions of the Complete Sayings of Bill Shankly. The infatuation of Germans for all things Scouse goes back to the years immediately after the second world when Liverpool FC was solely responsible for the Berlin Airlift. It was a relationship that deepened when the scousers, in time-honoured tradition, charged the Berlin wall rather than go through the turnstiles causing the wall to collapse and leading to the reunification of Germany.

So we should see Tubby coaching Bayan any time soon.

Lol, its funny isn't it we as a club often get accused of selling our soul when Mr A arrived, with that lot it takes even less, any foreign striker arrives and suddenly there's his countries flag on the Kop or in the case of a manager they even translate a Brendan Rogers style nonsense quote into his mother tongue on a bed sheet. And whats it with them and insisting on using their pet players first names like they know them personally ( Stevie G, Nando, Jordo, etc) that and stories that emerge of said player having supported them as a boy, they are like some weird red peter pan cult who stay being eleven years old forever destined to chant YNWA, 18 times, No History etc whilst staring at their posters on the bedroom wall

Holymoly   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34947564?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

I said at the time we were right to offload him. Now it's official, Studge is a big girl's blouse (with apologies to any ladies here who own such a garment)

Ham   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34947564?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

I said at the time we were right to offload him. Now it's official, Studge is a big girl's blouse (with apologies to any ladies here who own such a garment)

In retrospect the best piece of transfer business we ever did.

paulw66   

I still think it was a mistake. For 12m (peanuts) even if he played half a season, you would get value for that.

If he had played for us in 2013/14 we'd have won the league IMO.

I still think it was a mistake. For 12m (peanuts) even if he played half a season, you would get value for that.

If he had played for us in 2013/14 we'd have won the league IMO.

yes