• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Refreshing comments in the 'top rated' comments section;

von.k, southport, United Kingdom, 20 hours ago

as a regular kopite in the seveties and early eighties you saw people being crushed every game, the late comers who had been drinking used to ram their way into the kop causing crushing, we were always passing injured people down over our heads to the field, I think the police at hillsborough just did not know what to expect, hindsight is a great thing but the blame must be doled out equally to match officials the f.a.(for erecting the fences) illeagal counterfit tickets, the council and yes the late fans, now its all about the money we all know it

Linda, Sheffield, 22 hours ago

The police at Hillsborough saved my husband's life, he was seconds away from death when he was pulled over the fences and given life saving treatment. Were there drunken fans and fans with no tickets at Hillsborough that day? yes of course there were, the same as at most big matches, did they cause the crush outside the ground? yes they did. Was police command useless that day? Yes most definitely. Who do I blame for the tragedy? The thugs who for years before purposely went to matches to cause trouble and fight, if it wasn't for them real fans would not have been penned n and would not have been herded around like cattle. The police were ready for trouble and fighting that day and were ill prepared for anything else.

Rave On, Sheffield, 22 hours ago

I was there, outside the Leppings lane entrance and I know what I saw with my own eyes. A lot of very drunk fans, throwing projectiles and surging to get in the ground. The police in charge were out of their depth and made many mistakes but some of the fans where also to blame for their behaviour. However, The police coverup and lies post the event are simply in excusable!!

Ruudboy   

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-take-100000-fans-europa-7908142

“Klopp shrugged off the thought of relatively few fans being in the stadium, insisting there will be many more in the Swiss city to cheer his side on. ‘We're in the final, what shall I say? It is incredible. Amazing. We go to Basel. We take 50, 60, 70 thousand Liverpudlians with us, not in the stadium but in the city. Maybe 100 thousand’ he said.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36244282

“Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he regrets telling Reds fans without tickets to travel to Basel for their Europa League final. Liverpool have been allocated only 10,236 tickets for the 18 May final against holders Sevilla in Switzerland. Klopp said: "Last time I spoke about Basel, I spoke like a supporter and I invited all Liverpool fans to Basel. That was not too smart, to be honest. Basel is a nice city but it is not ready for us and it was my mistake" … Klopp, who made his initial suggestion the day after Liverpool had beaten Villarreal at Anfield to reach the final, added: "Please only people with tickets go there because everything else will be chaos and we don't want this. We have to concentrate on football. It is wonderful to be in the stadium but if you cannot be there then stay at home or come to Liverpool and watch the game together with friends and let's have a party after this. It is really, really, really necessary that you now listen. Most of the time you can ignore what I say but now it is important." 

King of the climb-down. Poor Basel.

Ruudboy   

Look at it this way, it's a form of respite care for the poor people of Liverpool. Send them all to Basel for a nice midweek trip. Bet the Liverpool crime figures go down that week.

When we went to Munich we only had around 19000 tickets, but at least twice as many went to Munich without tickets. I did and wouldn't have missed it for the world. There were no stories of people trying to get in without tickets or being mugged by our own supporters for their tickets. 

Unlike when Liverpool went to Athens.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-459708/Ticket-stealing-Liverpool-fans-branded-worst-Europe-UEFA.html

(A nice bit of characteristic blame-shifting at the end by the Mayor of Liverpool)

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said: "The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week.

"That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?

"We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.

"There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report - most teams' supporters do not cause any trouble at all."

Gaillard added: "You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans - only the Liverpool fans."

Liverpool's Lord Mayor Paul Clark hit back in the Liverpool Daily Post.

He said: "UEFA appear to be trying to avoid the blame for the disorganisation of the final.

Cllr Clark, who attended the Athens match, added: "To make matters worse, instead of looking at their own faults UEFA are blaming the people of Liverpool.

"Saying this is typical of Liverpool fans is unfair and reflects badly on the image of the city."

Edited by Backbiter

4 hours ago, blue moon said:

Look at it this way, it's a form of respite care for the poor people of Liverpool. Send them all to Basel for a nice midweek trip. Bet the Liverpool crime figures go down that week.

Mass assisted suicide???? ;-)

To kill yourself is suicide
To kill your father is patricide
To kill your mother is matricide
To kill a nation is genocide
To kill another human being is homicide
But to have two football teams in the same city that haven't won a title for over twenty years is Merseyside.