• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

paulw66   
On 5/8/2016 at 11:14 PM, Patnevinswedge said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/08/liverpool-and-merseyside-police-urge-ticketless-fans-not-to-trav/ 

Now why would they do that? I can't wait for panorama to investigate!!!!

I don't remember the ticketless Chelsea fans being told not to travel to Munich. Wasn't necessary.

This Europa league final has got the propensity to go horribly wrong. A club with a history of fans who like to shimmy in for free only getting 9k tickets for a European final, just weeks after the "fans not blame" verdict at Hilsborough..... What could possibly go wrong. 

Nice to see the 'greatest fans in the world' ripping/stealing chairs from the stadium after the game last night, and apparently totally silent until they scored in the 93rd minute. Best fans in the world.

Of course, as it's Liverpool fans, no big scandal in the media, barely even mentioned.

If it was Chelsea fans, we'd be a disagrace to football, worst supporters around, vandals, hooligans and we should have to play to empty stadiums for about 10 games at least. It would be shown on repeat every half hour on SSN.

Saint Scousers live on.

Is work due to start on their stadium this summer?

I remember a load of people smashing in the 'posh' seats in the old West Stand on the final game of the season years ago before it was torn down, I don't particular object in them doing that. I remember the Club came over the PA to ask fans stop doing it, but that's only because they wanted to sell them at £300 a pop the next season.

I would have done so too but I was about 12 and wasn't allowed to take my hammer and chisel to go to work on the benches where I was sat...

Ruudboy   

I'm heading for the local church as I write, to commune with St Chad of Mercia (patron saint of loss, defeat, disappointment and lack of success); St Jude Thaddaeus (lost causes and desperate situations); and St Cajetan (the unemployed) asking that they overlook Scouse prayers for the next 24 hours.

I've also lit a candle to St Wilgefortis (the patron saint of people seeking relief from tribulations) on behalf of the faithful of Stamford Bridge.

Will that do?

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

I'm heading for the local church as I write, to commune with St Chad of Mercia (patron saint of loss, defeat, disappointment and lack of success); St Jude Thaddaeus (lost causes and desperate situations); and St Cajetan (the unemployed) asking that they overlook Scouse prayers for the next 24 hours.

I've also lit a candle to St Wilgefortis (the patron saint of people seeking relief from tribulations) on behalf of the faithful of Stamford Bridge.

Will that do?

You have done well my son. Now let us pray:

Give them this day their daily wallowing in self pity

Forgive them their trespassing in other peoples grounds without a ticket 

And forgive those who have lots of 'istory but no Premier League trophies

Lead them not into temptation ( well what do you expect if you leave your iphone on the bar)

But deliver them a parcel from DHL that doesn't belong to them

For the Kop is not the Kingdom the power or the glory

Grant them no PL trophy for ever and ever

Amen

(We can do no more)

Hearing Basel is full of Liverpool fans, hardly any Seville fans in sight. But, if anything goes wrong tonight, you can be sure of one thing:

It wasn't the Liverpool fans fault.*

*(Note: In all seriousness, this isn't meant as disrespect to the victims of Hillsbrough - that clearly was the police at fault)

Edited by James Prescott