• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Ruudboy   

Sorry Nobly, but I disagree: gave me more pleasure than virtually any of our matches this year. 

BBC Sport: "We knew it was win or bust for Liverpool. Unfortunately for them it is bust. No Europa League trophy, no Champions League football next season. In fact, no European football at all for Jurgen Klopp's side."

Breaks my heart. Not.

Edited by blue moon

I'm an atheist myself, but many thanks to those who gave prayers to the footballing gods: it's enough to make me become a believer.

...and thank you Sevilla: you'll probably never understand how much of a media ordeal from which you've saved us!

EDIT: writing of media ordeals: I couldn't bear to have R5Live on during the game, so had R4 on instead, and as a result got to hear a very interesting programme about Flo Nightingale, the statistician. God moves in mysterious ways!

Edited by Johnny Blue

You go one goal up

You go one goal down 

Up down up down there's fighting in the crowd

You take your eye off cokey and he scores again

That's why you lost the cup

Oh cokey cokey 

Oh Kloppy chokey

Oh cokey cokey 

Knees bend arms stretch you'll never walk alone

With apologies..

• Like 1

Ruudboy   
6 minutes ago, Johnny Blue said:

I'm an atheist myself, but many thanks to those who gave prayers to the footballing gods: it's enough to make me become a believer.

Saints Chad of Mercia (patron saint of loss, defeat, disappointment and lack of success); Jude Thaddaeus (lost causes and desperate situations); Cajetan (the unemployed) and Wilgefortis (people seeking relief from tribulations) - many thanks. And thanks to Khobar to his intercession.

Now I know some of you are not going to believe me but there are unconfirmed reports of fighting and mayhem around the stadium and city. It must be those Seville fans up to their old tricks again. 

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You go one goal up

You go one goal down 

Up down up down there's fighting in the crowd

You take your eye off cokey and he scores again

That's why you lost the cup

Oh cokey cokey 

Oh Kloppy chokey

Oh cokey cokey 

Knees bend arms stretch you'll never walk alone

With apologies..

For a spur of the moment that's pretty good Mr Kelly!

From the BBC:

"Liverpool had so much riding on this game. The lure of Champions League football, set alongside the chance to play for Klopp and at Anfield, would have completed an attractive package to set before any potential signings.

Now they cannot offer any sort of European football as they ended well beaten here in another night of disappointment for Klopp, who has now lost five successive finals with Dortmund and Liverpool."

Brings tears to your eyes, doesn't it?