• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10287346/europa-league-final-police-and-stewards-intervene-as-fans-clash

Phew. It's ok, it was just a "minor skirmish". Glad the press were all over that one.

There did not appear to be any segregation between the rival fans in the end housing the Sevilla supporters.

Probably because there should not be Liverpool scumbags in there

There did not appear to be any segregation between the rival fans in the end housing the Sevilla supporters.

That bit is truly laughable, as if it's the organiser's fault for not putting segregation in an area of the ground that should only hold the supporters of one team?

It's bizarre how excuses are being made for their behaviour, hopefully most people can see it for what it is.

Also strange how the media have not made any correlation between last night's behaviour and Hillsborough or Heysel. Ticketless fans turning up in droves and getting into the ground by any means necessary. The silence on this is deafening?

3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10287346/europa-league-final-police-and-stewards-intervene-as-fans-clash

Phew. It's ok, it was just a "minor skirmish". Glad the press were all over that one.

TBH I think the regular press are scared to report negative things about them because if they say something bad the scumbags are very good at appearing to be the victims as Hilsborough has shown, they fought until not one bad word was left about them and their own supporters part in events

Sciatika   

Wasn't the R5 commentary awful. Apparently, Milner was playing "world class" balls according to Lawrensen, And Sturridge was also "world class" - "The only player on the pitch that could have done that". I feel pretty sure that Coke could bend a ball around the goalkeeper with the outside of his foot. And I cringed when John Murray started talking about a Spanish player's greasy hair. I turned it off at half time.

This is how powerful they are.

I occasionally comment on the Daily Mail comments section particularly to answer the usually incorrect assumptions aimed at our club.

There was an article on their late last night detailing the fighting that occurred.

I made a comment and was surprised to see it had reached over 900 upvotes when I looked this morning.

I've just checked my account and those 900 upvotes have disappeared into thin air as has the story.

They've obviously  managed to convince the DM to erase the story.

They are literally manipulating the media in this country.

17,000 Liverpool fans arrested in Seville.

Liverpool fans rioting in Seville.

A Liverpool fan allegedly singing  to a disabled Seville fan "You'll never walk again".

Liverpool fans throw coins at women and children outside and onto the pitch inside the groud.

Riot police called into the ground before - yes, before - kickoff to break up a fight between Liverpool and Seville fans.

Liverpool fans without tickets climbing over fences to try and get into the ground last night.

Not to mention 35,000 Liverpool fans totally silent and outsung by 9,000 Seville fans from when Seville scored onwards.

Best fans in the world.

And apparently, this quote actually came up on the commentary as these events were happening on camera.

Here's a DM article on it (not in the sports section funnily enough): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3597450/Riot-police-called-fighting-breaks-stands-Liverpool-Sevilla-fans-prior-Europa-League-final.html

Sure if Chelsea fans, it wouldn't be a 'minor skirmish', but a disagrace to football and good riddance to them from UEFA competition next season, hope Chelsea do something. As it's Liverpool, it's all fine and dandy.

Ticketless fans prove why Liverpool fans are so great, so devoted - when it's masses of ticketless fans which always cause trouble. If it were Chelsea fans, it would be reported negatively without question.

BT Sport was frankly embarrassing. It was like Liverpool TV. Two ex-Liverpool players and the presenter sounded like a dissapointed fan at the end. So so bias in favour of Liverpool. And Owen saying 'What club is there bigger than Liverpool?' when asked if big players would join despite no European football. The commentators weren't so bad, but the pundits...ugh.

I must admit though, I almost died laughing in that second half, especially when the third goal went in.

So Liverpool finish with no trophies, no European spot. Just as bad as us this season effectively. Shame.

Edited by James Prescott

8 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

17,000 Liverpool fans arrested in Seville.

[SNIP]

Really? Where did you hear/read that?

3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Really? Where did you hear/read that?

It was reported by Sky just now. 30,000 fans arrested - 17,000 Liverpool, 13,000 Seville. Non-violent offences, all released without charge.

25 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

It was reported by Sky just now. 30,000 fans arrested - 17,000 Liverpool, 13,000 Seville. Non-violent offences, all released without charge.

I just find it odd that there were 17,000 Liverpool fans in Sevilla. Basel I can understand, but to actually go to Sevilla???

27 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

That's just not possible. You must have misheard it.