• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

chara   
14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And as for trying to deny a penalty where the Liverpool player , slides in at speed , completely misses the ball and impedes the progress of the Everton player , well , that just shows what a stooge for Liverpool he is .

I'm sure you must have written that post in readiness before kick off.....saying the "Liverpool player" was my first clue!

Of course that opens the door for a host of prematch posts just ready to go!!!......??...anyone?

In uplifting tribute to Ian St John, the latest legend Liverpool have lost, Jürgen Klopp spoke of the almost child-like sense of awe he feels when meeting the old greats who shaped Anfield’s history. “To understand the club you have to meet as many as possible,” he said. “It is one thing what people inside or outside the club tell you, but you get completely different information from the players of the past. They know how it feels when you go out on the pitch and tell you these wonderful old stories. That is the petrol of dreams.”

Just as no other club has injuries,  no other club has past players with legendary status.

5 straight home defeats. Here is hoping Fulham make it 6

chara   
7 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Just as no other club has injuries,  no other club has past players with legendary status.

I am as anti Liverpool as anyone but time is catching up with a generation that was  chock full of real legends...not just at Liverpool.....the trivialisation of the word Legend is the down factor......credit where credit is due.....and the constant use of the word for journeymen players at Liverpool/Manure is annoying...the true Legends are known by all true football fans.

asvaberg   

Well, in all fairness, the guy played 336 games for the club and scored 95 goals.

Not far from what Eden Hazard had with us.

paulw66   
16 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Exactly.

Tyler's commentary last night was vomit inducing. He was desperate for them to score.

And Redknapp banging on about the lack of crowd.........yeah, because everyone else has a full stadium! Tw@t. 

11 hours ago, exiledblue said:

5 straight home defeats. Here is hoping Fulham make it 6

First time in their history........ I would be amazed if they got top 4 now. 

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Well, in all fairness, the guy played 336 games for the club and scored 95 goals.

Not far from what Eden Hazard had with us.

Not belittling ISJ's status at all. It's just that Liverpool fans (and insiders, and sycophantic members of the media) seem to want to attach  a more hallowed status to Liverpool's legends  than those of other clubs. The genuinely think "they matter more".

Holymoly   

• Haha 1

Ruudboy   

Thanks, HM, had me crying with laughter. Sent to mates who are Manure, Arse and Pool. Hope they take note and respray their teams pink, grey, whatever. Just not red.