• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

New Stadium Plans

Diddymen   

What I don’t understand, is why did the club go to so much effort (consultation etc...) only for the club to stop the project citing expensive. Surely they knew how much it would all cost beforehand?

11 hours ago, Holymoly said:

We'll need a new home for the ESL maybe?

Not if week 1 we're in Tokyo , week 2 we're in Los Angeles , week 3 in Lagos etc ..... You get the drift 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Diddymen said:

What I don’t understand, is why did the club go to so much effort (consultation etc...) only for the club to stop the project citing expensive. Surely they knew how much it would all cost beforehand?

Four reasons: 

A) Things happened at EC and we have a potential option there so could put this on the backburner whilst we look into that. 

B) The financial realities of it become apparent and the business man in Roman kicked in. 

C) This ESL nonsense got mooted around the time and the need for a 'home ground' may not be required as much; I mean how long before games in Europe/US/China/Japan? 

D) Roman truly did get p*ssed off with the UK govt and pulled the funding as big infrastructure projects like that are a boon to the economy. 

My money is on a mixture of A, B and D. 

10 hours ago, Diddymen said:

All those consultation costs are pretty small, if I recall the increase in price estimates was of the order of £500mn increased to £1bn.  Though I dare say the number was pushed a bit higher as an excuse to say no.

The physical build would be complicated by not just the access/egress issues for fans, but access/egress for all those construction lorries too.  A tough line on that might increase cost estimates a lot (and estimated time playing elsewhere).

But also the exponential rise in TV revenues and ticket prices just plateaued about 3 years ago, before Covid.  That would have been a key issue.

Loved the plans.Time to dig out the collection buckets again outside SB and lets get this new stadium built......